Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Fairy Wings

Default Fairy Wings

Hi yall, thought I'd show my face again been so busy with art projects and a fantasy book I am writing and illustrating. I have rendered all the pictorials in Daz Studio with post render work in Xara. One of the things I was short of was a set of fairy wings. The ones I looked at in the 3D stores just didn't hack it for me so I drew a set which I have saved as a prop and can now be used on other illustrations also the colouring can be quite easily be changed. I would have posted the finished image here but the wee fairy is naked so if you want to view the image it can be found at http://www.renderosity.com/mod/galle...age_id=2489500

All my best
    Tabian

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairy Wings.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	99528

Default Re: Fairy Wings

The wings look very nice Tabian.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I don't want to be nit-picking, but she's cross-eyed. Or is it me that's cross-eyed?

Anyway, the wings look nice but the blue veins look very thick, not very delicate as you would expect them to be, no?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Yes Frank I agree she does look a little cross-eyed, but, the thickness of the blue veins does not bother me, maybe you are right but it's a toss up.

EDIT: What bothers me most is the green lipstick, but that's just me I guess.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I don't want to be nit-picking, but she's cross-eyed. Or is it me that's cross-eyed?

Anyway, the wings look nice but the blue veins look very thick, not very delicate as you would expect them to be, no?
    You are right Frank the veins did come out somewhat thick. The veins were quite thin until I applied an extrusion. Since then I have lightened the colour and applied a transparency so they don’t look as heavy. I did make her a little bog eyed because I felt it gave her a more cute appearance.

Looks good, Tabian. I hope it's a little warmer where she is. Maybe that's why her wing veins are blue.