Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Installing Alien Skin Xenofex 2 and Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 on XDPX9

Hello!

I'm having issues using Xenofex 2 and Eye Candy 4000 on XDPX9. I can't seem to get them to install or work. Where can I go to redownload the plugins and reregister them? Any help would be greatly appreciated asap (I'm using Xara for my course final). Thank you!
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Installing Alien Skin Xenofex 2 and Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 on XDPX9

They both work on XDPX9 but only in the 32bit version. That and the 64bit version can be installed on the same computer with the same key but can't be used at the same time.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Installing Alien Skin Xenofex 2 and Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 on XDPX9

I am using the 32-bit version only. Here are the errors I'm getting:

Alien Skin Xenofex 2 error: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...nskinerror.png

Alien Skin Eye Candy 4000 error: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...candyerror.png

My apologies, but I tried them on another computer (public computer) and they installed fine. I have no idea why they won't work on mine.
    Raptor

No need to apologise, it's infuriating when such things happen. Unfortunately I can't see why they work on another computer and not yours. Presumably you had them prior to XDPX9 was installed, have you checked the route on your previous version?

I don't think either of those plug-ins are still available from the makers ... could be wrong.
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi,
    I have found that in windows 7 Premium 64Bit that some 32 bit installers don't work! Especially 3Rd party programs that are 32 bit.
    Don't know why tho'
    LOl
    Jim
    p.s. I get a message saying something along the lines of not a 32 bit installer...
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Raptor it would be better if you posted your images in your thread and not link to another site.
    OK that said, how and to where did you install them on your computer? I do not have version 5 installed but I think they should go in your version 5 xara picture editor PSplug-ins folder. You might try that and see if that works.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I know this is a necropost, but life has kicked me in the butt these last few months. I haven't been online at all.

This is where the plugins are installed:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xplugins.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	101137

I don't know what the problem is seeing that this computer is a mirror of my other one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Raptor

have you had these working before on two separate computers? - some programs don't allow it, and that includes some plugins, although I don't have these so I don't know if it's the case [I assume they are bought or bundled and not free]

if your operating system and your security settings and software is the same on both computers it's otherwise difficult to say - you can always try the right click and install as administrator, or install in compatibility mode for a previous windows version - but if John can install them that's a long shot maybe...

Actually, on checking I have them still under XDPX, though I can't see why this would make a difference. Also, as you can see, the EC is in its own folder not the Alien Skin folder [inside which is the Xenoflex2 folder]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	as.png 
Views:	444 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	101139

no - just floating ideas really - in my experience though, two computers are never identical there must be some differences for this to happen, and security/admin settings is the usual culprit, or maybe some missing DLL or other component

EDIT - or registry problem of course....