Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: FACT: Xara has a crippled, out-of-date type-engine.

I have seen that comparison page and as I said it does not appear that designer adds anything that is not already a piece from one of its 3 parts. The whole should be more than the sum of its parts. Why should I pay more for the exact same features bundled? That is insanity.

Xara does seem to have prosumer tendencies which they can do if they want. The problem is they are trying to market to at least 2 different groups and say the product is best for both. I like companies having 2-3 tiers of their products being hobbyist, prosumer and professional. This is a failing point for adobe. They offer no hobbyist and vey little prosumer products which make it hard to get into their products especially as time goes on. My little sister is 10 years younger than me and she sees learning photoshop or illustrator starting out as a nightmare as it is too big and bloated. Xara should have a professional tier as the word designer would imply and a hobbyist or prosumer tier. They are owned by Magix which does tiers of products for video and audio. I wonder why xara does not do this also.

If you want to try something out a hobbyist/prosumer tier for less $ is a great place to start. It then allows those customers to grow into the professional product if they find that they need it. Here is the thing with compromise. It hurts both sides. For this the professionals will say its not good enough and the hobbyist will stay its to expensive or complicated. They just need 2 tiers of products.

They offer no hobbyist and very little prosumer products

Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premier Elements..

Quote Originally Posted by MyCoalescen View Post
    I have seen that comparison page and as I said it does not appear that designer adds anything that is not already a piece from one of its 3 parts. The whole should be more than the sum of its parts. Why should I pay more for the exact same features bundled? That is insanity.
    There is a definite advantage in having one program rather than switching between three separate ones.
    Tony