Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Little restaurant site

Ah, OK then the process is about the same as Visual Slideshow. Cool. Thanks.

skech, for me this is an excellent design, I'm starting a business adventure in the website design industry, my website is www.salesjoint.org.

The issue i have with xara is that the websites I've made, they don't adjust to the screen of mobile devices , like this one you just designed.
    If you can help me with this. please send me a quote of the job , and lets do business
    best regards,

Xara cannot make sites which adgust to screen size, all you can do is create clean, unfussy sites. People really do not mind zooming in and out of a site and if you read recent posts on various web forums you will see that people are getting tired of responsive sites to a certain extent. This is due partly to not only larger and larger screen sizes on mobile devices (typical size for a smartphone is now 5inches and even apple are working on a 12inch ipad as are samsung) but just look at the resolutions of these devices, for instance the resolution of a samsung galaxy s4 is 1920px x 1080px, thats larger than the typical laptop screen.

You can of course always make two separate sites, one for larger screens and another for phones, you would then put in a re-direct script which would detect the screen resolution and direct the user to the mobile site. The problem is as I explained that the resolutions of the new smartphones are higher than most laptops and the script would not re-direct as it is looking for a screen resolution of <700px (or whatever you decide to set). Like I said a single well designed, well thought out site is all you need. If you would still like to work together then PM me.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Wow, Sketch, that's a beautifully designed site. Well done!

Thank you Manoj, appreciated.

Chilli Fish or Chilli Chicken. Now you've done it!! I'm hungry. Nice site, and the photography is quite good.

Hi Skech, yes a rocking good site nothing heavy. Bright, breezy and full of colour the food shots are first rate and really bring the full site to life. The slide show works well and runs smoothly, you might want to take a look at the Starters Menu it appears that Chicken Tikka is on twice...!
    By the nu do they deliver to Scotland?

Zarathustra and Tabian, thank you for your kind comments. some of the photos are supplied by the client others are stock photos. Tabian thanks for pointing out the tikka duplicate, will get that taken off, it wasn't there originally but I made some changes to the menu and must have duplicated it.