Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need help Creating an image for Powerclipping

Hello,
    I am fairly new to CorelDraw x6 and need help creating a template. Basically, I sell phone cases online that I customize. Currently, I have displays of iPhone cases (see attached) which allow me to import and powerclip any photo I would like to fit into the blank display for the phone case. This was made for me by someone else. My problem lies that I'm beginning to sell Samsung Galaxy S3 cases but do not have a template for display that I can show potential customers online. I am wondering if anyone can help me with how to take am image of a Samsung back of a phone and make it into a template that I can powerclip an image into that would wrap around the camera ports without covering them?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am still learning this program!!

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oregon Duck Country Display.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	99385  
    IP

Default Re: Need help Creating an image for Powerclipping

There are loads of tutorials out there for iPhone's & others but I don't think for the S3 but can you not modify your iPhone template? If you cant why not download for here: http://www.vecteezy.com/technology/4...g-galaxy-s-iii
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

thanks for your help. I've been trying to modify my iphone template, but my Corel skills are still adapting and no tutorials have seemed to help. I am looking on how to create or find a vector just like the one on the link, but for the backside of the Samsung so it shows the camera ports.
    IP

I'm to the point where i can trace the backside of the phone case to become a vector and i can successfully powerclip my image in. The only issue now is that I can only make it powerclip over the top of the camera ports, I am trying to trace the image so the powerclip will form around the cameras.
    IP

I don't have CD on my H/Disc but I used it in my early years doing design, so I know the programme well, but I now am no expert. It is difficult to know exactly what you are doing so I will go ahead and say what I would do if I was using CD trace. Firstly I would get as high a resolution photo of the phone that I can get. Then either use CD X6 or Photo Paint to remove the Android OS picture from the frame of the phone using Clip Mask, don't trace that area, as the app. icons would distort under trace and would take ages to get right. The outside of the phone is easy as you have taken the complex bit out as it could be done as a blend or you could try a inner contour to achieve the rounded shape. Group both bits together and apply a mould to the 2D shape to give a 3D look. Make a copy of your frame and Photo (the screen) then ungroup and delete the screen, duplicate the frame, then combine both shapes into one after nudging one of the shape out and down, as this will give the thickness to the phone. You might have to modify the back shape to give the curve of the body. Make a new layer and paste your 3D frame and picture in this layer and then add a chrome type button. Normally I wouldn't suggest to use trace as it can make complex drawings with 1000 of shapes. The real easy way is to get a high def. picture of the object and manual trace over using either the Freehand Tool or I would use the Pen Tool to trace over the shape but I would still clip the photo of the screen as it would take to long to draw all the symbols and app icons. Treat the trace into areas and use simple shapes to get what you want. Hope this helps.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP