Thanks for the feedback...I think...

The design elements evolved over time based on client direction, strong client preferences, numerous discussions and experiments with various themes and colors, budget and collaboration. The original plan (and budget) was for a couple of pages with some back end plumbing to replace an existing single page that lived on another organization's site. Much of the effort involved discovery of and coding to undocumented back end interfaces, smooth recovery in the event of server failure, usage tracking, etc. In the end (and I don't intend this to be overly defensive) it's dramatically better than the original single page, has far greater functionality than anything planned or budgeted, and evolved to meet client design, preferences and wishes. I understand and appreciate your points, however the tone is actually exactly what the client was looking for, and fits their overall communication and message - it's really not intended to be warm, cozy and reassuring at all. As you might have gleaned from the opening page, it's more of a wake up call with a somewhat hard and edgy message.

Anyway, thanks. Feedback and critique is always helpful (especially when constructive).

I guess my real aim in sharing this was a bit lost : I was pleased to see how well Xara DPX9 could integrate with javascript, jquery, php, CSS 3, etc., and how a hybrid architecture like this makes it feasible to combine the rapid prototyping and turnaround of a wysiwyg tool with modern web standards, dynamic content merged seamlessly with static content, back end APIs, XML, and more complex tools like Google visualization. I was hoping others might see the integration as an option for what they might need to accomplish one day, and realize that this is totally feasible with a Xara product at the center of it all.