Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What's the best way to clean this up?

Probably using a vector drawing program is the best way to achieve this. A free one is Inkscape, or you could download a fully functional 28 day trial of Xara Designer Pro. You would only need to master a couple of drawing tools and the type tool to make a new version of what you want. A day or two at most would probably be enough as you already have your experience with PSP.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I just spent less than 30 minutes to get this result. You only need to redraw 5 shapes (the ones I coloured red) using the Shape Tool (and the Ctrl key to help obtain horizontal and vertical lines). The only tricky parts are the "S" and the "D" where the rounded corners need a bit of work. The inner shape of the "D" required a rectangle with rounded corners sliced out of the main "D" shape. The rest is just the rectangle tool and the text. I found that Arial was a good match, using both regular and bold, with some adjustments using the tracking tool. All done in Xara Designer Pro. This can be exported as a .pdf file so that it can be saved as a vector file for future use.
    I appreciate that it will take time to get up to speed with the program, but this is not a difficult job. (Click on the attached thumbnail to enlarge)
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teds Sheds.png 
Views:	490 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	99399  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I just spent less than 30 minutes to get this result. You only need to redraw 5 shapes (the ones I coloured red) using the Shape Tool (and the Ctrl key to help obtain horizontal and vertical lines). The only tricky parts are the "S" and the "D" where the rounded corners need a bit of work. The inner shape of the "D" required a rectangle with rounded corners sliced out of the main "D" shape. The rest is just the rectangle tool and the text. I found that Arial was a good match, using both regular and bold, with some adjustments using the tracking tool. All done in Xara Designer Pro. This can be exported as a .pdf file so that it can be saved as a vector file for future use.
    I appreciate that it will take time to get up to speed with the program, but this is not a difficult job. (Click on the attached thumbnail to enlarge)
    Bob.
    Blues, thank you so much. This looks fantastic, I really appreciate it.
    IP

I'm curious, if this was on an old shed, why have a pristine version?

What use is this? I'm just being nosy!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'm curious, if this was on an old shed, why have a pristine version?

What use is this? I'm just being nosy!
    It's from an 8 year old shed that we just spend $1,500 restoring to like new condition. This is a label that is bolted on the inside of the shed and it just looks bad with the water stains and crap on it. Could be my OCD kicking in.
    IP

OK, thanks!

I guess if I'd spent that money, I might feel the same.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by felloffthetruck View Post
    ... I just need to find that teds sheds logo somewhere. I believe that this company is long out of business.
    Found this :http://www.realpages.com/sites/tedssheds/index.html
    Looks like they have/had a warranty: http://www.realpages.com/sites/tedssheds/page3.html (bottom of page)
    ~Fred
    IP

Offer Bob a couple of dollars and he'll do the whole thing for you. It's hardly going to make a difference to the fortune you've already spent on it
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Offer Bob a couple of dollars and he'll do the whole thing for you. It's hardly going to make a difference to the fortune you've already spent on it
    Hey, Bob
    If I offer you a couple of dollars will you do the whole thing for me? Pretty please............
    IP

Only too happy to oblige, I'll post it here later. First, can you let me know the measurements you require?
    I don't want payment for this, but you might want to make a donation to the Philippines Typhoon Appeal
    Also, download the free trial of Xara Designer Pro if you haven't already done so, and open the file I will post to see if you can reverse engineer it.
    "Give a man a fish", and all that.
    Bob.
    IP