Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perception

Default Re: Perception

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think that design by committee is a difficult gig...
    I hear an echo.

This problem of design by committee is why I have stayed completely out of this whole project.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I hear an echo.
    Echo? Echo?

As with HTML, I strongly encourage you, Grace, to adopt a Head Designer. Coders and designers work together, but we have two trillion artists on this thread and three coders last I counted.

I feel strongly for the sake of Grace, this thread can express opinions, sure, but it should be up to the UX designer to apply or ignore the opinions and design suggestions. Let this thread be a dropbox for input, not a place to count votes, because if you follow this thread, it ain't working.

That's my input.

And I vote for it.

-g
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I believe that was irony, Larry
    I thought maybe it was Frank, but, wasn't sure.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I hear an echo.

This problem of design by committee is why I have stayed completely out of this whole project.
    I had Eric as the designer - you do not like some of what he did. And Eric now has other commitments. At the moment the project is just me, so I would be delighted to have someone volunteer to do the design for me, I am definitely not a designer. I think I can manage to write the XAML , though someone who knew XAML would be wonderful.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

http://www.businessballs.com/treeswing.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_by_committee

While I fully believe you need a manager with a concept of a design, and *maybe* a designer, I would not be the person for this task.
    IP

@Grace—

I have no idea what Rik Datta's commitments are, nor do I know if he can do XAML, but the fellow is community-spirited, talented, works well with others, is a snappy dresser...okay, I've drifted into "silly".

I'll ask the Admin and ask around, I don't feel qualified to design a UI nor do I have the hours to spare, but I truly believe Rik is your person for fresh, clean, attractive design work, and the fellow does variations at the drop of a hat.

My Best,

Gary
    IP

I also think Rik is a good choice. Just so you know I have been working on the design off and on for some time but still have a long way to go. If you can get Rik to do it that would be great, and if he wants to see some of my ideas and possibly work together that would be wonderful.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Thanks, I am plodding along on the "meat" of the programme. I am slowly coming to figure out XAML. I will continue with an ad hoc design for now.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

I hope the "plodding along" is also enjoyable!? Good luck and I am curious to see what you come up with.
    IP