Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD9P Niggle... this is really frustrating!

Hi all,

I'm finding this niggle seriously frustrating and I cannot find any reason why I am seeing what I am... what is happening is this... whatever I create the box and text is moving! Literally. Picture 1 you will see how I set up the text and graphics. I then save the file. I close the file. I open the file to work on it again and like magic, the box and text has moved to what you see in picture '2' attached.

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening? This niggle is wasting a huge amount of my time whenever I need to update something on my website as these little moves are affecting all pages. I have tried deleting pages and completely recreating the pages from scratch but to no avail... if it helps, i'm using the program on a windows vista operating system pc.

Thank you for your help in advance.
    Autoevo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XWD9Perror2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	99348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XWD9Perror1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	99349  

Default Re: XWD9P Niggle... this is really frustrating!

I'm a bit dull witted but I am not seeing the box moving. With the exception of the second example being a tiny bit small overall, I don't see anything different.

if you look at the image on the right you will find the orange box and text is moved about 4 pixels to the right. It's also affecting groups... take a look at our logo in the following web link as well. Our logo doesn't look like that. in the web program its arranged as a group not individual items yet somehow it's moving the MR completely out of the blue rings...

http://www.mobileremaps.co.uk/4x4-diesel-tuning.htm

So i've just made the adjustments again. Save the document. Closed the document down and then reopened it. The orange box, when in the correct place, is located on the x axis 613.8px and y axis 126.5. After saving and reopening the document the orange box is located on the x axis 615.8 and on the y axis 1254.5 and it is doing this on each save and reopening of the document. This has also affected the heading 'ECU Remapping and Chip tuning' which has moved from -12(x) 410 (y) to -14(x) and 412 (y) axis. It has also moved the hyperlinks for 'cookies' and 'car links' by 2 pixels on the y axis not not moved them at all on the x axis. During this example all other elements on the page are where they should be. But, I can almost guarantee on the second save, close down and then reopen, other items will be moved and affected without me touching a single thing!

This sounds similar to another thread in which objects were moving when the document was reopened.

I'll try to get Xara to respond to this.

AutoEvo I have had the same problem and have not had a satisfactory answer ...... what I did was uninstall and re-install but don't use the update.
    The update is where the problem is .....well in my case it was ..... I have not had the problem since I re-install without the update.
    Hope that helps .

Mike

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...s-not-as-saved
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Hi AutoEvo. The problems occurs when the outer margin value is altered from the Page size tab found in the Options. The fix will be included within the next patch. Until then, please set your outer margin value to 768px and this will prevent the problem from occurring. If it continues then we will need to review the file so please submit a support request from http://support.xara.com

Many thanks