Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nav bar position

I have replaced the nav bar on a website. Because of the deep header on the Home page only, I want the nav bar to be in a different position on the home page than on the other pages.

But it stubbornly insists on being in the same position on every page.

How do I unlock this so that I can put it in the position I want on the Home page, and in a fixed position on all the other pages?

Thanks

Rick
    Follow me, it's better if we are lost together!

Default Re: Nav bar position

Right click on the nav bar and select Stop Updating > Just This Copy. Then make whatever modifications you want to this copy.

Thanks Gary. That stopped the nav bars from moving from the position I want them. But I still want all those nav bars to update if I make a content change to the navbar on the Home page. I just don't want them to move from the position I put them.

Rick

Well, you can copy a paste/replace the non-repeating nav bar.

When I "stop updating" the navbar on the Home page, and then move it, the navbar on the other pages no longer work properly. When I click on one of the buttons, I get a large panel appearing in the centre of the page.

Could you please have a look here (I am referring to the smaller navbar without updated text...the other one will be removed when I get the new one working - the old one, made with Webstyle, won't work properly with Chrome browser)

http://www.bushtrack.com.au/gcs/products.htm

Thanks
    Rick

I am using Chrome and also get such a panel when I click on the main pictures of the "Directional" and "Vehicles" sections on the home page. The sub-menu items on your navbar disappear before I can click on them.

Try selecting the nav bar on the other pages and Arrange > Bring to Front.

When I select the nav bars, the Arrange function is greyed out in all cases. Does this mean they are already at the front, or something else?

So the problem is still unresolved.

Rick

Did you see my earlier post with the additional problems? I suggest you attach the .web/.xar file to your next post so we can take a look at it. If the file is too big, save the products page into a separate file and upload it.

Hi Boy. Yes, I did see your earlier post. Thanks! That panel you mentioned is exactly what is happening also with the navbar.

Regarding the navbars. The test site I gave the link to currently has two navnars on each page. The original navbars do not work correctly in Chrome browser, and I have been unable to find a solution for that. I made that navbar some years ago using Webstyle and insert HTML. In all other respects that navbar still works fine (only misbehaves in Chrome).

Since I can't fix that one, I am now attempting to replace it with a new navbar. That is the one which you will see still has the "Button text", as it is still in test mode. It is that new navbar where I am having a problem with the panel appearing when the buttons are clicked.

I tried to attach the .web file, but it is too big. Even one page is 16Mb, and only 10Mb is allowed. Any suggestion?

All these problems with the panel appearing have only occurred since I purchased WD9 Premium, which I thought might fix the Chrome problem (which it did not).

You can see the original website which I have not republished yet, made some time ago with MX Premium. It still works fine, except for the Chrome problem: http://www.gcsigns.com.au/

I would appreciate any help you can give. I might try going back to an earlier file, and see what happens if I use MX premium again.

Rick