Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default unable to export certain elements within pdf - urgent, printer waiting

hi,

i have been trying for the past hour to export these two files as pdfs for large format print. everything exports fine except the gold trophy design, please can somebody export these for use for large format solvent printing, i normally dont have a problem but this golden shield vector appears to be the problem. thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    'I'm comin to you now, I'm just around the corner!'
    Bespoke art and design by Herbie Hysteria. http://www.artbyherbie.com

Default Re: unable to export certain elements within pdf - urgent, printer waiting

Well I downloaded your files and tried to make PDFs from them.

Your 64x19counter.xar file is all over the place, with the main banner to the bottom left, a logo to the right, gold droplets top center, all by itself. I wasn't sure what you are trying to accomplish with this file, but it doesn't look finished.

Your seatbottomsmiddle.xar file was more complete, and I had no problem exporting this one to PDF, however, I am missing some of your included fonts and they did not imbed to my system well, so it replaced the fonts on some of your selections (which means my PDF version of your file is no good to you), but it did export fine using XDP9. The clipped ends of your seal that extend beyond the border of the banner were cropped off at export, however.

Again, because of the missing fonts on my system, I couldn't create a usable PDF for your needs, but Xara seemed to export it fine, otherwise.

Default Re: unable to export certain elements within pdf - urgent, printer waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Well I downloaded your files and tried to make PDFs from them.

Your 64x19counter.xar file is all over the place, with the main banner to the bottom left, a logo to the right, gold droplets top center, all by itself. I wasn't sure what you are trying to accomplish with this file, but it doesn't look finished.

Your seatbottomsmiddle.xar file was more complete, and I had no problem exporting this one to PDF, however, I am missing some of your included fonts and they did not imbed to my system well, so it replaced the fonts on some of your selections (which means my PDF version of your file is no good to you), but it did export fine using XDP9. The clipped ends of your seal that extend beyond the border of the banner were cropped off at export, however.

Again, because of the missing fonts on my system, I couldn't create a usable PDF for your needs, but Xara seemed to export it fine, otherwise.
    gamerprinter, thanks for your effort, everything within the page space is exported as pdf, i have removed the unnecessary elements and i have also converted all the text to editable shapes so you dont need font embedding. i have re-attached, thanks for your help. i have XPGD2013. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hope ya don't want that pink/red background to be that color when printed (at least to any printer using CMYK inks).

Try this. In the Export dialog, set it to Adobe Reader 8 (PDF 1.7) and set any other options. I usually uncheck the Unicode for the fonts on the Object tab. Should export for you just fine. I would use the Native color model (General tab). That way the output RIP can optimize that pinkish background as well as will happen. It is way out of gamut for what CMYK can do and the best result will be for the conversion at the RIP.

Using the above PDF type should allow you to output these two files. At least XDP outputs them on the underpowered laptop I am currently using.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Hope ya don't want that pink/red background to be that color when printed (at least to any printer using CMYK inks).

Try this. In the Export dialog, set it to Adobe Reader 8 (PDF 1.7) and set any other options. I usually uncheck the Unicode for the fonts on the Object tab. Should export for you just fine. I would use the Native color model (General tab). That way the output RIP can optimize that pinkish background as well as will happen. It is way out of gamut for what CMYK can do and the best result will be for the conversion at the RIP.

Using the above PDF type should allow you to output these two files. At least XDP outputs them on the underpowered laptop I am currently using.

Take care, Mike
    Mike, tried that too but still same problem, the gold trophy etc is missing huge areas.

My sincere apologies.

I am PM'ing you a download link. The ZIP file is rather large, some 585+ megs. It contains 4 PDFs. One each of the Native and CMYK output.

Mike