Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cant save multiple Illustrator pages to PDF

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on Illustrator. I have a file a designer has created for me that has multiple pages that I want to save to PDF. However when I save it only 2 pages save to PDF. There are more than 40 pages in total and I don't know why it thinks there are only 2 pages. Any help much appreciated!!

Many thanks,

PS. Im on Illustrator CC (latest)
    IP

Default Re: Cant save multiple Illustrator pages to PDF

Hi doneric--welcome to the madness.

Chances are that the file you received had been exported using only the two artboards you are getting on export before. Take a look at my screen shot. When you do a Save As Copy and choose PDF in the file type dropdown, there are some fields in the lower left, at least in CS6 that is where they are. I don't have CC.

Anyway, you can set it to use all artboards or a range in those fields.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000670.png 
Views:	467 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	99305  
    IP

hey Mike thanks a lot for the reply. unfortunately the "use artboards" area is all greyed out for me - so i cant click anything... Im using a trial version of Illustrator CC so maybe multiple artboards is not supported??
    IP

Depending upon the Save As type, the Use Artboards will be active, grayed and not checked, or grayed and checked.

Go to File | Save As. Then in the Save As dialog, choose Adobe PDF. Is "All" selected in like in my screen shot above? If so, name the PDF and open it if it doesn't open after saving the PDF. All your artboards there? If not, repeat the process and take a screen shot and post it.

Unfortunately, I am headed for bed--it's 12:15 am here. There are others that are up and might get back to the thread before I get up at 6 am...
    IP

thanks Mike. I tried your suggestion and "all" is selected for the artboards however the resuting PDF still only contains 1 artboard (2 pages).. Here is the print PDF dialogue box:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Print PDF dialogue box.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	99306

Appreciate all your assistance Mike -sleep well!! If there's any chance you can think of anything else for me to try it would be great to hear from you tomorrow (or anyone else with ideas)

cheers
    IP

Don't have the cloud version of Illy only CS6 but that version saved a 12 page doc. no problems. Would not try too many more than that as the way Illy saves PDF's it also saves AI thumbnails as well so file size increases considerably. If the file size is no problem or you are still having problems phone Adobe wouldn't waste any more time on it. They will sort the problem out over the phone.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

If you are still around, can you display your Artboard Panel? A larger screen shot would be good. My ol' eyes had trouble seeing your previous screen shot.
    IP

I would agree with that statement, couldn't read the screenshot at all.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP