Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Text Overflowing on Webpage When Zooming Up and Down on Monitor

Please help...
    I have designed a webpage with Xara Web Designer MX Premium v8.1.

The webpage has a standard page-sized colored background with header, footer, navigation links and page text. When I upload the page and zoom up and down on my monitor to view the page everything resizes accordingly, except for the text. The text does resize to some degree but in most cases the text will overflow the right-hand page margin at some zoom levels - could someone please explain how to go about ensuring that the page text stays in proportion along with everything else?

Many Thanks!
    vrivera

Default Re: Text Overflowing on Webpage When Zooming Up and Down on Monitor

It is a browser thing and different browsers behave differently.
    Xara renders text to absolute positions using SPAN tags for each and every text line.
    Scaling up and down in the view window then produces these unwanted consequences...

Read this: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...n-Chrome-IE-ok.
    A partial solution that might work for you: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-on-my-website.

HTMLBlocktext doesn't work well for shapes that are meant to repel text so you may be trading one problem for another.

If you want the text to stay exactly 100% accurate you have to group it with an object so that it is transformed into an image.

Acorn

Default Re: Text Overflowing on Webpage When Zooming Up and Down on Monitor

Thanks for your prompt response Acorn.... I'll check out the links.