Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Widget

Default Table Widget

Hi

I have been trying to use the new Table Widget, (Designer Pro X9) to import an excel table to a page on a website.

In the "edit" panel there are 2 options provided.

One is to specify the number of rows to display.

The other is to change the theme colour value from (0) to (1) so that the header of the table takes on the document's theme colour.

No matter what I do, the colour of the table header remains black and the background grey.

The colour needs to match the sire's theme color.

Has anyone out there had any success in changing the header from black to the site's theme colour please let me know how you achieved this.

I have spent hours trying and without success.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Table Widget

I just tried this and it works fine. I changed the 0 to 1, pressed the Save icon on the Infobar, and the table header color on the chart is now the theme color.

Do you show a Theme Color to the left of the screen palette of colors?

In DPX9, I used the Butterfly website, imported the table and -- in edit mode -- changed the theme color by changing "0" to "1" and saved the widget. The table's header now was purple ("Theme color 1").

However, when I changed the website's color scheme, the table kept the purple header and I had to change the color value back to "0" and then to "1" again to have the header take on the new theme color.

Have you tried to reset the widget's color value to "0" and then again to "1"?

I found this too (the header did not change when the theme color was edited) and just logged it as a bug.

Hi Gary and Boy
    Thanks for both your replies.

The website I am working on which requires the table is bespoke - not based on a template from the design gallery. However, I have a themed color selected on this website, which is named in the colour gallery and which appears on the left of the colour palette at the bottom of the Designer window, as "Theme Color 1". I have changed from 0 to 1 back to 0 and back 1 . I have clicked "Save" on the infobar but the table header is still black. GRRRRRR.....

Anyway, thanks Gary for logging this as a bug. How long might is take before it is addressed or fixed.?

Thanks
    Ewa

Anyway, thanks Gary for logging this as a bug. How long might is take before it is addressed or fixed.?
    Heh heh. It's anybody's guess. Maybe soon. Maybe never.

There must be something else that is recognizing the themed color.

This is more work but it might be the work around http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest82/ It is an old Guest Tutorial but it still works.

This should work. Name the color that you want to use Theme Color 1. Capital T and C.

Hi Gary

That is what I did all along.

The square tile on the left of the color palette at the very bottom of the Web Designer Pro x9 screen is named as Theme Color 1.

Thanks again

Even though it is a bug, it seems that the workaround should work, so something is probably wrong on your end.

Did you spell "Theme Color 1" correctly? If so, check if there is perhaps an extra space or a space missing because in that case the named color is not recognized by the table widget as "Theme Color 1" and it will default to black.

I am sure we will get it to work.

OK There was a work around to this from Xara in another forum. Re-size the table, then press the undo arrow or Ctrl Z. Or any change you make should do it.

(I just tried this AND it works!)