Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    The latest patch - rev 9.2.4.30310 does not fix the FTP problems encountered by those using Internet Explorer 11. We are continuing to work on a solution to this and will be releasing a further update shortly.
    Any news please ?

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

I am having the same problem but mine happened when I updated XARA. I had not used it for awhile and when I opened I updated. Maybe though it is the Windows update? Will try restoring an older version and see what happens but it cause a total breakdown of my website. I even tried to reload the older version of XARA but no go.

I uploaded a file using GoDaddys uploader and photo was FINE but I cannot do that for all of them! Some have links attached, etc. Its only when I try to publish with XARA. Pics are corrupted. Has nothing to do with IE whatever . . . it shows corrupted on all browsers.

It doesn't matter what browser you use to view the site, Xara uses IE to upload the files and there is a particular problem if IE11 is installed on your machine. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=#post493642

You could try using a 3rd party FTP program, Filezilla for instance.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I dont use Internet Explorer and I still have the problem after your update. I can upload using GoDaddys file uploader and pic will be fine. Just won't upload through XARA. Also I have my site to upload ONLY changed files but it TAKES FOREVER now to upload and then its all wrong.

If you've got a Windows machine then you have IE installed, whether you use it or not. Using it yourself is not where the problem lies, Xara uses IE protocols to upload sites. If you have IE10 or previous then the problem lies elsewhere. I suggest you try uploading the whole site with Filezilla and see if it works or not.

NB It's not my update, it's Xara's
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Lenore, John has tried to explain the situation to you. In case there's any doubt at all:

1) The install of IE11, whether you use it or not, affects Xara's file transfer.
    2) The files will look broken in any browser if Xara is used to transfer them.

Xara are working on a fix but it's not ready yet.

I have IE11 and windows 7 and have this problem. I have used WinSCP to transfer the files as suggested by support but the problem remains. I don't have any previous versions of IE on my laptop so quite difficult to know how to rollback to version 10. This is a retail site and we are approaching xmas - complete disaster and unacceptable.

These things happen with software and it's not something you can reasonably expect Xara to have anticipated. I'm sure they are all over it.

Other users are finding that using a separate FTP program is an effective workaround. I'd have another go.

This explains how to downgade - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...e-ie11-to-ie10 I haven't used it so no guarantees. I'm on W8.0 and they haven't threatened me with IE11 yet ... luckily! As you can see here - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2...usinesses.aspx - MS has been rolling out IE11 to Windows7 users.

But better to use a 3rd party FTP IMHO because Xara will sort it out I'm sure