Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

No problem here with other FTP tools. I'm using Smart FTP client. In fact this was the only way to fix the broken pics from Xara upload by replacing them via SmartFTP.

Default Re: pictures corrupt since updating to Windows 8.1 when using FTP publish

You can add me to the list. I made some edits to one of my client's sites yesterday. Everything looked fine locally. I published it to the server and the site exhibited the same problems as the OP had (missing and/or sliced graphics, dropped text blocks, slideshow not working, etc.). I'm not certain but XWD9P might have changed some of the graphics from PNGs to JPGs during the save/export/publish phases. I've never seen that before.

I finally wound up having to transpose the JPGs back to PNGs, replace the questionable JPGs with the new PNGs, then save/export/republish the site locally. I then FTPed the entire site (all directories & sub-directories) manually to the server using Filezilla. Fortunately this method was enough to get the site back up & running again.

For reference, I'm using a freshly installed XWD9P on a brand new machine, running Win 8.1 64 bit with all current updates from Microsoft.

Could this be either...

1.) A graphics formatting problem at save time.
    2.) An FTP problem that corrupts CSS layout.

I'm as anxious as everyone else to get a fix for this problem. Perhaps the issue can be stickied for quick reference?

the problem happens at the ftp upload from Xara. Because it stores everything ok in the HTML folders. All I did was manually upload the content of the HTML folder that XARA created via FTP software and all was fine.

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your continuous support whilst this problem is being investigated. We are working towards implementing a new solution which will ensure support for those running Windows 8.1 & IE 11 and hope to include this within a patch as soon as possible.

We’d currently recommend using a third party FTP tool such as WinSCP in order to publish your website.

1) Select File > Export Website and export your site to your chosen location.

2) Open WinSCP and connect via FTP to your web server (if you haven't already got it, here is the download: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php). Your host will have your FTP details (usually found in your account details).

3) Copy the files from the exported location to the required folder on your web server.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Please let me know if you get stuck at all

Kind Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Everyone

Thank you for your continuous support whilst this problem is being investigated. We are working towards implementing a new solution which will ensure support for those running Windows 8.1 & IE 11 and hope to include this within a patch as soon as possible.

We’d currently recommend using a third party FTP tool such as WinSCP in order to publish your website.

1) Select File > Export Website and export your site to your chosen location.

2) Open WinSCP and connect via FTP to your web server (if you haven't already got it, here is the download: http://winscp.net/eng/download.php). Your host will have your FTP details (usually found in your account details).

3) Copy the files from the exported location to the required folder on your web server.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Please let me know if you get stuck at all

Kind Regards
    Rob

Anyone try this? I'm not exactly very computer savvy, so before I try it, I want to be sure it actually works!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPaws View Post
    Anyone try this? I'm not exactly very computer savvy, so before I try it, I want to be sure it actually works!
    The recommendation is made by the Xara developers so you can be sure that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    The recommendation is made by the Xara developers so you can be sure that it works.
    Ok, I wasn't sure as the person that posted the instructions only has one post on the forum.

Hi All,

I have a similar problem however i still have the problem even when using Filezilla. I dont know what to do anymore.

Please have a look at www.furniture4u.co.za . You will see some of the pictures missing and even the navigation bar does not show up. So even with filezilla this happens. I made sure I uploaded all the files. The funny thing is I uploaded this same site 2 days ago with no problem. I also tried to upload a backup of the site but still have the same issues. Can someone please give me some advise on what to do?

I am using Windows 7.

Thank you

Your site is working ok for me in Firefox. Perhaps you need to clear your cache.

I am having the same problem!

WD9 (latest version according to the Update feature), Win 8.1 Pro/64bit.