Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face The Mock-up Project

Hello, everyone!!! Have been much time since I was on the forum, but having a lot of things... *sadface* The thing I was always sad about that there is no free mock-ups for Xara and once I was trying to make them (not very good - you can see them on the pic). So I decided to fix this sad thing and try to make some mock-ups that everyone could've downloaded for free and used in any way one wants! So I decided to start this little project (even though I'm not really good at it), but still... If anyone wants to join - welcome! Will post some of re-worked mock-ups I have now and post them in this thread! Hope you like the idea!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_mockup.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	99150

Default Re: The Mock-up Project

Love the elephant logo. Brilliant!

Are these stock images that members can use like clip art?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

Nice idea LogoMount, I have the same question as Gary. Mostly I don't understand how what you posted is supposed to work.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post

Thanks a lot! I was just thinking of M letter but than I thought it may look like an elephant gwpriester, wizard509, well, yes, it's something like clipart (sometimes it's importaint to see how the design will look an a mobile phone, CD or a LCD screen or etc. or when it's needed for a client) - but what makes mock-ups better is that it's 100% vector and can be rescaled without any loss in quality (for example change a background if a few clicks). Now mainly there are a lot of mock-ups in .PSD formats - but making it with Xara will be much easier and better to use

Ah, you mean something like this?

I did this Kindle mock up to promote our new Kindle e-book. (the dancing eyeball was created by OG, the other Gary).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kindle Mock Up.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	99177  

Yes!!! Exactly! That one looks slick! Love that eye-guy haha Would be nice to have a big pack of such different mock-ups without needing to create one by oneself

I'm not sure mock-ups are a great idea.

An image of a web-site/app/book on a monitor, laptop or tablet, OK.

The problem I have with fake desktop environments is that the client may judge your real work on the basis of the desktop mockup. They may take a dislike to the mockup and then you can sow doubt about the package itself.

Do they really add value?

Is it just me that thinks like that?

Love the logo.
    Last edited by pauland; 22 October 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Well, in the case of my Kindle Fire mockup, it looks a lot better than my actual photo I tried to take.

Yes, it works well for specific display views - what I'm referring to is trying to build a complete environment such as in the very first post.

Of course I could just be in a grumpy mood (definitely, today), but I would definitely hesitate to try and build a complete environment.

It's really hard taking pictures of a display - refections and bad lighting all conspire to give a bad result, so the mockup of a display can be effective. I've done it myself when pitching an idea to a client - made the pitch look like an app on the appstore. It wasn't convincing enough though. :-(

They look good to me, logoMount.