Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default resizing pictures photographic designer 9

Hello All, I need to make a banner with animation. I'm trying to put a dog picture into it. I have downloaded a few but when I tried to resize them they are not retain their shape, example when I try to shrink the top downwards or vice versa the picture itself has been distorted.

Is there anyway that can be maintained for the original picture shape.

I was using an earlier version of that a graphic designer and have upgraded to version 9, I never had any problem resizing image in the previous version.

Any assistance appreciated regards Mark
    thank you for the previous and assistance.

Default Re: resizing pictures photographic designer 9

Sounds like you're not using the corner handles to resize or you don't have the aspect ratio lock enabled (small padlock).
    Grant

xdp6 Re: resizing pictures photographic designer 9

Version 9 made a change to the default aspect ratio setting I believe.

So, by default, in V9, the Aspect Ratio is not locked. I liked the previous behavior. This is likely your issue.
    Please look for the small padlock icon and make sure it is depressed !

Screenshot below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padlock-xara-screenshot.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	99029

hello there, thank you so much for that. The funny thing is I took an image from the clipart which are supplied of the little dog, obviously it was very large in size, I did the normal thing and grabbed the corners and shrunk it. I don't know why the other pictures will not keep their aspect ratio.
    Also one of the members told me you can change the colour of the interface, I keep forgetting that stupid thing which keys are depressed to change, I got a new computer can't locate where I made a note pad for it.

The grey interface is very hard on the eyes after a long day,, very hard to find things. If you know of the shortcut I would appreciate it.

I did subscribe to the topic for replies but it didn't seem to work, sorry for the delay, thank you so much for your help regards Mark
    Last edited by wheels; 09 October 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Press Shift,Ctrl,Alt,s at the same time will give you the original light interface.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

hello my old friend Larry, thank you very much for the information. I have a new fast computer now not that my old one wasn't fast, but now I won't need updating for a while.
    What is that shortcut called in the help files to search for if there is one?
    Hope you are well and the family.
    Going to start trying to remember how I made the animations again on the banner, hopefully will be all right, half the time is taken up looking for pictures and clipart.

Thanks again for the info, regards Mark

I don't know what it's called Mark. If I were you I'd just make a notepad or similar document of the key code and name it something like dark to light interface or something meaningful to you and save it somewhere out of the way, but, also somewhere meaningful to you. Others may have a different idea, that's just what I'd do.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

thank you Larry for the shortcut, I just did it and it works. Regarding your suggestion, I always do that for some reason I can never remember what I called it. I think I will save it in my graphics designer executable program or somewhere similar.
    You are always coming to rescue, thank you very much.
    I want to try our old emoticon to make text on a circle and have the square as well we talked about in an e-mail, I have not had a chance to go back to that get to try it. Anyway thank you very much again.

Hope you are well, regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I want to try our old emoticon to make text on a circle and have the square as well
    I find this confusing as to what you want to do. Certainly you can do the circle with text thing and put a square on it maybe a square around the text, or a square with a circle around the text or, (even do a circle that becomes a square when it rotates, but that doesn't make since to me), can you give me an example of what you are attempting to do?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

hello Larry, your last option was what I was talking about, a circle one side and a square on one side, this week and have the picture, the circle could have the text, just something different that is all.

I sent you an e-mail with a attachment from my Hotmail account to have a look at and see if it can be spruced up a bit. Regards Mark