Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanted: Xara tutorials for beginner/intermediate

So, I'm using Xara for 10 years or so and always creating nice n simple stuff basically logo's and web elements, yet I don't know a really wide range of techniques. Can anybody recomment some tutorials that can guide me to a higher level with good examples and explanations? Just today I upgraded to Designer ProX9 that's a good opportunity to learn make some more stuff. Creating photorealistic stuff like cars and futuristic images etc. is not exactly on my wishlist just some more advanced logo stuff etc. Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qqq.png 
Views:	297 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	99101

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Wanted: Xara tutorials for beginner/intermediate

There are several places that you can find tutorials on the web. There is this forum and Xara Users, there is the Xara Xone and if you look at YouTube you should be able to easily find several sources of video tutorials to get you started. I have several on my YouTube channel for example (see my signature block below) but there are many others that make video tutorials as well.

I hope that helps.
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

If you look at the links in my signature you will find my youtube channel which is filled with video tutorials and Don't forget the Xara Xone there are over 16 years worth of tutorials there from Gary Priester and Gary Bouton, and scores of guest tutorial writers.

And feel free to ask any questions here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Why I don't see any signatures here ? I saw then shortly but now they are gone, why ??

Name:	MWSnap033.png 
Views:	286 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	99102

Welcome to TalkGraphics Videodope-net,
    Click on "My YouTube channel" on angelize sig line and you will find hers, also search YouTube for Egg Bramhill and you should find his Xara tutorials. There might be links to Egg's tutorials in the Xara resources forum, not sure. Xhris has his own web site with many good tutorials I think it's called treasure trove, all the other resources have already been mentioned such as XaraXone. In short there is no shortage of help and tutorials. In my opinion TalkGraphics is the best resource.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, videodope can't see the sig lines at all. Is it something to do with being a new member as with no PMs?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That is rather odd. I would think even new members should be able to see the signature lines. Here are two links from my signature.

Youtube Channel tutoring
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

And here is the link to my YouTube Channel in case you can't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NarrenzunftKalbach
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Larry, videodope can't see the sig lines at all. Is it something to do with being a new member as with no PMs?
    Few days ago I've set messages to 'allow', yet in my topics it shows 'no' checked the settings again it still showed 'allow' so I don't understand either.

Name:	MWSnap034.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	99105 Oh I see this is about mail not about pm, let's try find the pm settings...

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    And here is the link to my YouTube Channel in case you can't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NarrenzunftKalbach
    Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    That is rather odd. I would think even new members should be able to see the signature lines. Here are two links from my signature.

Youtube Channel tutoring
    Really great links, many thanks everybody !!
    Last edited by Videodope.net; 18 October 2013 at 09:26 AM.

I am not seeing signatures either not even my own.
    Richard