Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default October 2013 Tips and Tricks - Making a Creepy Interactive Halloween Invitation

Making a Creepy Interactive Halloween Invitation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tips-and-tricks-header-image.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	99093

With all the Halloween parties this month, you'll want to make your party's invitation eerily irresistible. Frances Proctor shows you how to make not just an online Halloween invitation, but an interactive, animated one using the Presentation steps feature in version 9. Frances (your Spirit Guide) whips up spooktacular fun with custom fonts, page transitions, and treats you to the Web properties menu--no tricks.

Post your spine-tingling invitations here. And be sure to thank Frances for sharing some Xara magic with you.
    Last edited by Gare; 17 October 2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: terrifying spelling error ;)
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: October 2013 Tips and Tricks - Making a Creepy Interactive Halloween Invitation

I was France's Tech Editor on this exceptional tutorial this month, and I was pleasantly amazed at how complex you can make a web page just by digging in and working with transitions and the Presentation bar, which I think debuted in version 8.

Yes, this is an endorsement: this month's Guest tutorial is thoroughly engaging and if you have any web work on your plate, you should just follow the tutorial, improvise and use different shapes and photos, and see how fast you can make a slick site.

-g

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: October 2013 Tips and Tricks - Making a Creepy Interactive Halloween Invitation

Thanks Gary. I hope that everyone else enjoys the tutorial too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances thanks for the tutorial, it was good to refresh the presentation making skills in Xara

Name:	halloween_party.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	99121

the hopefully working animated version is on this link, not clear for me consequently but sometimes only with the right-left arrow buttons

http://pl-hu.com/xone_oct/

It would be good to have the Magix link but I have lost there, I can login to Magix site and had an album there, but inspite of that in XDPX9 having this message, clicking on Control centre did not find some activate button

Name:	magix_error.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	99122