Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Coreldraw Color problem

OK. So I have a certain green color in coreldraw. CMYK Value-(40,0,100,0)
    The SAME cmyk value (40,0,100,0) looks different in Illustrator on my screen. (im not worrying about printing right now)
    Why is that?
    Can anyone help me with this one?
    An image is attached for ref.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color diff.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	99087
    IP

Default Re: Coreldraw Color problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have not used CorelDRAW in years, but I believe that Corel uses RGB color space while Illustrator uses a simulated CMYK color space. Illustrator is closer to what the image will look like when printed.
    IP

Default Re: Coreldraw Color problem

The image below is what I get in CorelDraw using the color values you mention. Your screen capture is overlaid.

Illustrator can have an RGB or CMYK color space, but not both at the same time. CorelDraw can mix and match. About the only thing I know of you could check would be the Color Management settings for both the general set up and the particular document you are working on (Tools, Color Management).

Do a screen capture or two from Illustrator, paste them into a CD document (or flip back and forth) and compare the settings.

Take care, Mike

***Oops. When I increased the font size for my color values in the screen capture app, didn't notice the final '0' dropping out of the text box***
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000622.png 
Views:	401 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	99091  
    IP