Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error detected in EPS file message in Grphic Designer 9

I have the latest version of Photo and Graphic Designer 9, and I have two .eps files that I cannot open because when I try to open them directly or import I get an error message that says that there is an error detected in the EPS file at line ####. These are files that I purchased and downloaded, and presumably they should not have errors. I don't have other software that is meant to open EPS files, so I cannot verify personally, but I do have reason to assume they are valid files. I saw this post that mentioned the same type of problem - http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ile-size-8-4mb. However, it wasn't clear to me how the problem was resolved nor how I might be able to resolve the problem myself. Any advice as to what I might do to correct the problem?

Default Re: Error detected in EPS file message in Grphic Designer 9

They are probably fine. The Xara EPS and AI filters are old and should be updated. If you want to, upload them to dropbox.com and provide a link...Oops, you cannot send PMs.

Let me know if you would like them converted for you and I will provide my email address in the thread long enough for you to send the file(s) or the link to download them and then I will delete the email addy--lest I attract spam.

Mike

Thank you for the quick reply and the offer to convert the files. In what way will you convert them? Why would I not be able to do that myself? I'm glad for your help, and if it would be unreasonable for me to do the conversion myself then I'll gladly send the files to you. But it seems to me that this was the solution in the other thread that I found and referenced...sort of giving a man a fish rather than teaching to fish and all that, which is why I had to ask this question in the first place rather than knowing how to do it myself. So if it's not an unreasonable request, perhaps you could give me the instruction on how to do the conversion myself so that this is documented here for posterity? Incidentally, I'm reasonably tech savvy. In a previous life I worked as a programmer building software. But I just don't know much about EPS or Xara. So if you could provide minimal direction I could probably get it working. Otherwise, as I said, I do appreciate the offer to convert the files, and I will send them over (tomorrow) if my request turns out to be unreasonable.

One means is to simply use Adobe Illustrator. Likely the originals were made in Illy and exported to an EPS type that Xara simply does not translate well. Sometimes, like the thread you reference, they do still open and are apparently fine. Usually the errors are due to various types of transparency that AI can use and Xara does not. Same happens at times opening PDF files.

Sometimes I will simply use Acrobat to create a PDF and open that PDF in XDP.

Your call. I'll be up for a little while.

Mike

I removed the email addy.

I did forget one other reason why sometimes the EPS files will open/import but still give an error. That is because if the original artwork was created in AI and the user back-saved the EPS but did not uncheck saving the AI edibility checkbox, Xara's filter will serve the error as it does not understand the AI private use data--which is what AI actually uses if the EPS file is subsequently edited in AI (it then doesn't use the EPS data).

Mike

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...155915/0f8e9e#

Hi all could someone please help me with this as well? Above is the link for our new boost box EPS file which is coming up as the same error already in this thread. If someone could please convert this logo for me then that'd be great.

What I do find a complete curiosity though is I have another EPS from a different graphic designer which doesn't come up with any errors at all?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Autoevo

Sent a PM with a link to the XAR version.

This file was done in AI CC. It likely has the private data area with the AI specific AI version of the file. There might be a better conversion if someone with CC can open the file.

With opening the EPS portion, the lower logo, which has an effect applied to it, is a bitmap upon opening. This is all that the EPS version of the data supports. Whenever possible, it is always good to receive the original file format. In this case, an AI file. Also in this case, the logo will not be difficult to remake so the entire file is vector.

Mike

My oldest version on computer is CS2. Didn't think there was nay change between CS to CS2 in the Export filter although the Legacy data is stamped on the file.
    Design is thinking made visual.