Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse Over feature doesn't seem to be funtioning on Web Designer 9

Hi,
    I watched the tutorial on youtube for Web Designer 7 and how to use the Mouse Over function (icon shows one thing when mouse is off the icon and then shows a different thing when the mouse is on the icon), but it doesn't seem to be working for Web Designer 9.

How do I get the Mouse Over feature working for Web Designer 9?

Default Re: Mouse Over feature doesn't seem to be funtioning on Web Designer 9

You do not need to do anything because the mouse-over function works automatically when you publish your website, provided the navbar is set up correctly.

The nav bars are working fine.
    It's the custom mouse over buttons you create that don't seem to be working when the page is exported

The function is working for WD9

Right-click on your button/image/text/whatever on the MouseOff layer, go to web properties and where it says link to put a hash-tag ... #

Here's a .xar to demonstrate [will open in WD]

mouse_over.xar

Is that what you're after?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

You need to have one button on the MouseOff layer and the mouse over version on the MouseOver layer. And as John has pointed out, the button needs to link to something, another page, a layer, an external website, or # which reloads the page.

Let us know if you need more details.

I've opened the file John sent me but when I export it and try the MouseOver nothing changes.

Here's what I'm doing:
    1. Create black rectangle in MouseOff layer
    2. Create red rectangle in MouseOver layer
    3. Link black rectangle to page 2.
    4. Export

Nothing happens when I try to mouseover. I've tried linking red rectangle to page 2 and still nothing happens when exported. Linking both of them doesn't seem to be changing much either.

I'm probably overlooking something very obvious. Any clues? Has my Xara got a bug or something?

Are you saying the one I sent doesn't work in preview? It does here ... honestly :-D

When you put things on the MouseOver layer they have to be underneath the top one ... could that be it?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by New Life View Post
    I've opened the file John sent me but when I export it and try the MouseOver nothing changes.

Here's what I'm doing:
    1. Create black rectangle in MouseOff layer
    2. Create red rectangle in MouseOver layer
    3. Link black rectangle to page 2.
    4. Export

Nothing happens when I try to mouseover. I've tried linking red rectangle to page 2 and still nothing happens when exported. Linking both of them doesn't seem to be changing much either.

I'm probably overlooking something very obvious. Any clues? Has my Xara got a bug or something?
    Step 2A. Select the red and black rectangles and Soft Group (Arrange > Apply Soft Group) them (then Step 3 Set the Link of this Soft Group to page 2).

Acorn

Finally. It's working. Thanks guys.