Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Insert advanced editable graphics in text document

I am creating a text document with Xara Xtreme Pro 9, and I noticed that I can insert groups into floating text. Great, I can use this for inserting Xara graphics, for example a chart!

However, editing a chart is a pain. When I double click on the group, then the surrounding text disappears, i.e. everything outside of the group. However, that is not sufficient. For example, I would like to be able to define horizontal guides that don't move (relative to the chart) when the chart's position changes relative to the page. Is that somehow possible?

As a workaround, I guess I could put the chart on a separate page at the end of the document, and then insert a live copy into the text.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Insert advanced editable graphics in text document

If I'm understanding you right, the live copy feature could certainly be used for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    If I'm understanding you right, the live copy feature could certainly be used for this.
    This solution has some disadvantages, though. As far as I can tell:
    • I have to disable all pages in document the same (which is really useful for text documents). The reason is that graphics have a different size and different guides.
    • I have to remember not to print or export the pages with graphics at the end.
    • To edit a graphic, I have to go to the page with the graphic, then double click to edit the live group. That's many steps.

There have been requests in the past to be able to see the context around group editing.

You can leave the live copy master on the pasteboard beside the page on which it resides. Won't end up in the PDF or print.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    You can leave the live copy master on the pasteboard beside the page on which it resides.
    Thanks for suggestion, sounds like a decent idea!

Only the disadvantage is then that I have to share guidelines with the page. I would like to use guidelines specific to the graphics.