Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing Filters

Default Missing Filters

I've just noticed that the 64-bit version has not got all the filters (AV Bros., Redfield, Sharpen, etc) in the Fx (previously the plugin area). I've went to the bother of installing the 32-bit version and see they are there, but was hoping not to have to juggle 2 version!! I know the simple answer is these are all 32-bit filters and so not on the 64-bit version, but is there an easy way to point the 64-bit version to these filters in the Program files (86) area? i.e. while it is cool that running up the 32-bit version keeps your current open files list it is a pain to have to keep switching over.

Turan

Default Re: Missing Filters

No, 32bit filters won't run in a 64bit host environment.
    The way I deal with it is to set my bitmap editor in Options to one which supports filters (I have an old copy of PaintShopPro 6).

Thanks for the fast reply - disappointing, but that's life, maybe by XaraPro10 they'll have recompiled them.

Turan

Xara devs have no control over third part plugin filters (AV Bros., Redfield, Sharpen, etc).

The current Fx available in the 64bit version of Designer Pro X are however their own (MAGIX)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64bit-Fx.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	98580  

Yes - I appreciate that they can't control 3rd party apps, but (and I'd need to try this out) I'm sure there is a way to pass the image to be altered to a background shell command window running in 32-bit, apply the effect and exit. It's obviously not that easy or they would have done it. Having been here since CorelXara, I'll hang in.

Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Turan Mirza View Post
    I'm sure there is a way to pass the image to be altered to a background shell command window running in 32-bit, apply the effect and exit.
    Just as easy to assign a bitmap editor that supports 32bit plugins isn't it?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Not necessarily. Xara has the ability to apply filters to vector objects as well as bitmaps so in that case your bitmap editor won't work. So if you wanted to apply an effect to some text you would need to use the 32 bit version of DP9 or WD9p for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Well, you can try to find things wrong with useful work-arounds as much as you like, I'm sure there's plenty of negatives when you look for them. Point is it is a workable solution for the time being, vector or not.

Simply select the vector object, press CTRL+SHIFT+C and create a bitmap copy, double click twice to send the object to the bitmap editor, apply the filter and save. Done.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

All I'm saying is that there are times when the workarounds aren't enough. The bitmap copy does work, except that you lose the editability of your vector objects or text. I'm hoping that we will see some sort of improvements on this in the next version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

except that you lose the editability of your vector objects or text
    The single most important thing here is that CTRL+SHIFT+C creates a bitmap COPY - you have lost nothing and can freely edit the vector original as often as you wish.