Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google Calendar Embed Problem

Hi, I tried to embed a Google Calendar as described in the "Public Calendar" thread. How do I get the calendar to display correctly on the page? The code I am using in the placeholder is:
    <iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...ica%2FNew_York" style=" border-width:0 " width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

What I get when I publish the page is: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    What I get when I preview the page is:
    This content cannot be displayed in a frame

To help protect the security of information you enter into this website, the publisher of this content does not allow it to be displayed in a frame.
    What you can try:

[IMG]res://ieframe.dll/bullet.png[/IMG] Open this content in a new window

Default You must change the SHARING setting to PUBLIC

I had the same problem. You will receive that message if you have not set up sharing on your google calendar.

1. Go to your google calendar.

2. Click the dropdown box to the RIGHT of your calendar ( in the left column ) that you want to embed on your site, not the box next to My Calendars, but the named calendar listed below My Calendars.

3. Choose SHARE THIS CALENDAR from the dropdown list.

4. Check the box MAKE THIS CALENDAR PUBLIC.

5. Click the SAVE button.

6. Now check your site, you should see the calendar without making any changes to your web site, the sharing change at google should fix the problem.

That's it, now the calendar should show up on your site.

Default Re: You must change the SHARING setting to PUBLIC

That did it! Than you, Agent Orange!

Default Re: You must change the SHARING setting to PUBLIC

I have exactly the same problem. But I don't want to make the calendar public. This is a calendar for a membership organization, and I only want it visible to members. The page that displays the calendar is in a password protected section of my web site. There seems to be a way of generating a link to a Google calendar with an authorization token as part of it (so it works even if you are not logged in). What I need is some combination of this Private Address code with the Embed code, but I can't see how to combine the two. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks - Rowan