Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing with Transparencies. Why no PDF/X-4 support

Just got a phone call from my friendly printer who is saying to me that a calendar that I sent to him had a problem in one page with the dreaded white lines around a rasterized area which was produced by Xara's PDF export filter. OK it is easily sorted using Ctrl+Shift+C (create bitmap copy), it didn't show up in Acro Pro or maybe I didn't look too much for it as it was only a small area in the back layer.

I use D Pro 6, I know that not got the most up to date filter but it's not that worse of than D Pro X9, it still has PDF/X-3 (2003). Why cant we have PDF/4 as it has been around now for a few years which can handle transparency live after all it is the Pro version. Maybe the inclusion of that and a few more vector features will certainly force me to buy the next update.

Here an helpful article on the subject based around InDesign but it can be used for all who use print: http://www.creativepro.com/files/sto...s/20080428.pdf
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: Printing with Transparencies. Why no PDF/X-4 support

I agree. I've asked before.

PDFX-3 isn't even recommended for use by Adobe. It's inclusion in applications really only pertains to a few POD resources--and they shouldn't be using it.