Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Object appearing at export/Save As

I've created a document in Illustrator and every time I save it, there appears another object. In Illustrator I have all layers and objects visible, and the object is not there.

See picture for details.

Any ideas?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AIProblem.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	99015
    IP

Default Re: Object appearing at export/Save As

Very hard to work out from your given info. Do you get the save compatible PDF thumbnail dialogue as shown here? What happens when you open a new doc. then "save as" through file menu, give it a different name. Then when you open up your original doc., select all (Ctrl+A), then copy (Ctrl+C) from your actual drawing, paste it into the new doc.(Ctrl+V) and hit Ctrl+S does that save your drawing when you reopen it.

Work Flow: you should always save and give your drawing a name just after opening you new doc. There're a few other things that you could try but do this first. Also I don't really understand your bitmap attachment is this part of your drawing, is it tables that you are doing.

When you use the Selection Tool and select it through using the marquee does the extra object show up then (Blue).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illy_PDF_thumb.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	99019  
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP