Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDPX9 reboots Vista pc when I try to open

I thought I ran across this issue here before, but I can't locate via. Clicking on icon to run DPX9 flashes quick window then reboots PC. No error msg just reboot.

I couldn't get to the updates and patches so I'm not sure if there are any fixes. I seem to have problems finding the support link to check for patches and updates.

Any help with my reboot problem would be appreciated.

Default Re: XDPX9 reboots Vista pc when I try to open

Help > Check for updates...

You can also try right clicking on the program icon and selecting Run as Administrator. You only need to do this once and it either will work or it won't.

Let us know.

Thanks Gary. I believe that I tried that, but because I'm not sure, I will try when I get home from work and let you know.

Thanks again.

Try updating your system's RAID drivers.

Unhappy Re: XDPX9 reboots Vista pc when I try to open

Well Gary, I tried the Run as Administrator with no success.

As luck would have it, no sooner did I finish my last response here, then I saw there is a new update! Of course that made me crazy. Now not only can I not get XDPX9 to run, I can't even download and install the update.

I thought I would try and begin an "uninstall" in the control panel with the hope that it would ask whether I wanted to repair or uninstall. No such luck. I was one click away from uninstalling. I dread using up my 3 reinstalls trying to get this program to work.

Any other suggestions or help would really be appreciated.

Hey sledger, thank you for the suggestion!

I'm getting a little out of my league with the RAID drivers. I disabled RAID when I originally received the PC and haven't thought about it since. Would it update even if it is disabled? (I know, maybe dumb question.)

Do you run the Xara program in full screen mode? There was a windows bug related to this.

Can you try deleting your program registry so its not set to run in full screen mode and then try running the program again?

The key you should delete is

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\9.2\ or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\9.2\ if youre using the 64bit version

Please do not delete any other registry keys.

Unhappy Re: XDPX9 reboots Vista pc when I try to open

Hi bb2. Thank you for your help.

I did delete the key (x64\9.2) from the registry. Unfortunately after a reboot I learned it did not help my issue. I clicp the XDPX9 icon, I get a quick glimse of the splash screen, and the pc reboots. It is getting a little discouraging on this end. Launching with "...as Administrator" does nothing.

I am now on to another suggestion, that I reinstall using "as Admin" and run it the first couple of times also "as Admin" and see if that does anything. I dread a reinstall because it took forever the first time it was installed and downloading all of the files. It took a few hours for them all to download. Perhaps too many trying to download at the same time. I don't know.

Thanks again, everyone, for the suggestions. If you can come up with anything more, please let me know.

David

Just thought I would update... Still unable to run XDPX9.It still immediately reboots my PC when I try to launch the program. To date I have tried updating drivers to current, turn off UAD, launch/install/ etc. "As Administrator;" remove full screen key in registry, and uninstall/ reinstall. I've opened a support ticket, so I'm feeling a little defeated.

I'm now in the que with the hundreds of others and will follow the one reply a week process.

If anyone has experienced these same problems I would appreciate any suggestions or insight. Thanks in advance for your expertise and experiences.

David

Talking Re: XDPX9 reboots Vista pc when I try to open

I ran across a thread that mentioned adding DPX9 to the DEP, and that allowed it to work. Has anyone else tried it? I went in but it only refers to 32bit apps. If I'm running the 64bit, am I correct that it won't work? I also wondered whether I wanted to click the run for all "except". The default seems to point it to major Windows apps only.

I'm also wondering about the regedit fix that says remove the key to prevent it from opening full screen. Although I've gone into the registry enough to not be too intimidated, do I delete the 9.2 and below lines, or one of the specific lines within the 9.2 area? I'm sure that sounds stupid. The last time I did it (since I reinstalled again) was to delete the 9.2 and everything below it.

Any education would be appreciated. Thanks.

David