Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Design a Logo for a Non-Profit

I know what you mean about the literal logo, but in this case it's ideal

1) the charity is focussed on this one activity - feeding people
    2) the logo represents a traditional logo small business style and is friendly, warm and welcoming
    3) the logo is easily understood by the demographic served by demographic that the charity serves.

That's why I like Boys logo so much. It makes me think of an American diner.

Boys, The say plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery so here are two completely redesigned ideas [puts tin-hat on]

Cheers
    David

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project_share_2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	99025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	project_share_3.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	99026

Thanks David

Boy's design is the only one that addresses the fact that Project Share has quite a list of distinguished chefs who contribute.

The hands add a real human touch and illustrate the act of giving - charity.

.. all this from someone who loves flat simple icons..

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    Boys, The say plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery so here are two completely redesigned ideas [puts tin-hat on]
    I would say there is a difference between plagiarism and letting yourself be inspired by someone else's ideas. I got inspiration from Gary's logo in post #16 and should have mentioned this earlier:http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...499#post490499

So Gary, thanks for the idea and, David, thanks for the reminder.

Boy please do not listen to me Because comparing the last version to the one in post #44, I like more the #44 There the hands are really expressing the giving and that is key in the logo.

So maybe that 1% final touch is somewhere, but not in changing the hand angles, neither bringing them closer to each other. Max something at the lines of thumb finger, even that is not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I would say there is a difference between plagiarism and letting yourself be inspired by someone else's ideas. I got inspiration from Gary's logo in post #16 and should have mentioned this earlier:http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...499#post490499

So Gary, thanks for the idea and, David, thanks for the reminder.
    Too true - I once designed a logo for a friends 'career management' company and it wasn't until it was bought and paid for, added to the website [that I did in Xara] that I realised it looked very similar to a well known courier company, so there is also the subliminal side to it as well.

I did even realise you were inspired by someone else to be honest and fair I was commenting on my usual lack of originality! As your design was the most popular on this thread I thought I'd try something similar and took your ideas and diluted it down even more. Personally I like simple and plain but that is personal and in the end it ain't what you or I think it's what the customer or client thinks. Which is the most frustrating part of the job usually

I'm glad I'm retired and everything I do is for fun now - keep up the good work everyone.

Cheers David

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    So maybe that 1% final touch is somewhere, but not in changing the hand angles, neither bringing them closer to each other. Max something at the lines of thumb finger, even that is not sure.
    What do you think about this one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo Project Share 9.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	99047  

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    Personally I like simple and plain but that is personal and in the end it ain't what you or I think it's what the customer or client thinks.
    And we have no idea what they think of the designs in this thread...

I think that's pretty much perfect. There's a danger that continually messing around is going to lead to disaster.