Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Design a Logo for a Non-Profit

Then I stop right here. Thanks for all the input.

IMHO i think a lot of this is over-thinking, i.e. the exact orientation of the hands measured by minuscule degrees. It's not a lesson on anatomy, it's a logo.
    The last depiction looks great Boy. I like the hat in the middle of the plate much better too.
    I think this is a winner.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I agree with you that a logo does not have to be anatomically correct but some (including me) found the positioning of the hands in some of the designs rather awkward and that takes away from the overall presentation.

Thanks for the positive critique!

Sorry to have to butt in again but I still believe there has to be a vision statement or some stated aim for the redesign.
    I would normally try and optimise a design for web, browser ICO, paper, marketing, badges, stamps, coupons, receipts, invoices, t-shirts, posters, flyers and the like; cost and simplicity being the key drivers where the design is the linchpin for the vision:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PShare.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	99063
    Acorn

I'm not sure what you're getting at here Acorn, or the purpose of your diagram.

Gary gave a good idea of what this was about in the first post and going to the website you can see exactly what this organisation is about.

I don't see any issue.

While I like Boy's creation, the final call rests with Gary and his client.

I felt we we being drawn down one graphic and while I like Boy's approach too, I felt it was a done deal and there was no opportunity for others to contribute.
    My diagram was a representative plate, which could be applied to lots of marketing opportunities - the group clearly doesn't run on air so I was thinking ahead for them as to how they could chase down more contributions and get a deeper buy-in.

Acorn

It's not a done deal (as far as I know) but you'll have to work hard to come close, I think.

I've just encouraged Boy because I liked what he has done and ignored the logos I didn't like. That's all.

As I said, it's Gary and his client's call and if there are alternatives that's good.

[ I like Ron's idea in Post #22 too, but the pallette is cold and it needs refinement ]

Agreed, it down to Gary and his clients and also that my suggestions may be well off; I don't mind being used as a strawman if it encourages other ideas.

Acorn

Actually I had dinner last night with the person who runs Project Share, and he said he would take a look at the designs and thanked everybody for their creativity and generosity.

He also said they are going through some reorganization at the moment and will have to get back to looking at the logo designs after they get sorted out.

So, thanks to all who contributed and I hope we all learned from the experience.