Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: WordPress....

Default WordPress....

I am considering purchasing this web design software because of its ease to use. I have done some website work before working with html, css,etc. coding. This is sooooo much easier. Would I be able to utilize this software in developing Wordpress sites?Olefogey(Russ)

Default Re: WordPress....

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't think the two applications work together. Web Designer and Designer Pro X9 are WYSIWYG web page layout applications which is what makes them so intuitive and easy to use. You can create graphics that you can use in Wordpress but that is about it, I think. Still and all, you can do an awful lot of really great work very quickly in Web Designer or Designer Pro and that's what makes them so popular.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Our Admin Barbara Bouton uses wordpress with Xara created graphics on the Xara Xone. She could give you some more information I'm sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Olefogey, the Xara product is great for creating graphical assets for a wordpress site, but you won't be able to use it to create Wordpress page templates.

The software works well with static content, but the markup generated isn't suitable for creating a template for dynamic content.

As Frances says, we do have someone that uses WordPress with Xara, but I think it's a case of adding Wordpress content to a Xara page, rather than the other way around.

Thanks to all for a speedy response. I think I will also try the "Page and Layout Designer" also to see if it might be of use in developing pages.
    Olefogey(Russ)

Page and Layout Designer for Wordpress pages or print?

Wrong product for Web work.

Photo & Graphics Designer 9 is better for creating website graphics.

Yes, that's why I asked the question!

Hi Olefogeyi, and welcome to TalkGraphics.

Like Pauland said, you can't use the Xara code directly in a Wordpress site, but Xara is wonderful for designing and prototyping your WP site and making all the graphic elements for the site.
    I wrote this about the design of the WP template that Xara Xone uses.

For example, Gary created a design in Xara of how he wanted the front page to look. He created the different button stages, the paper tears, the patterns, the artwork. He used Xara to create the logo. I've attached screen caps of an early - almost finished front page design.

Then it was up to me to transfer this design to WP. What I was able to "take" from Xara was the specifications - the colors, type, how text was styled and positioned, where on the page different elements fell and of course the graphics themselves -- the logo, the tears, the other artwork.
    You might find these threads worth looking at; I go into more detail in them:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?59895-Word-press-question-help-needed&highlight=WordPress

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ight=WordPress
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com