Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Android has 80% of the smart phone market

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...one-blackberry

Cool! I just ordered a Google Nexus 5 today (first day). We have a Samsung Galaxy S4 which is a really good phone as well. We're definitely not early adopters but we are dumping the land line.

Default Re: Android has 80% of the smart phone market

Problem I have here with dumping the landline is that government departments, utilities, etc use "0800" numbers which often cost twice as much on the mobile, even with the tariffs for both phone taken into account [I.E. my 24/7 landline tariff does not cover them!] . My Broadband also requires a landline.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

~For now landlines are here to stay, we are just waiting for virgin cable to fit our updated line and we will have upto 120meg wireless (yes that horrible word 'upto'). Got a sammy s4 and played with an iphone 5 and to be honest the sammy is a better product, although does not feel as rugged as the iphone 5 and the battery does tend to heat up quite a bit.

I would like to see what % of that 80% is made up of samsung phones, htc seem to be loosing customers on a daily basis so it must be a high percentage, and the latest news is that they will be looking at their own os in the not to distant future, they are already approaching developers, and considering the huge amount of people using android on samsung phones I can see them succeeding.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

The i5S is blowing up and/or expanding apparently http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/appl...ones-50012627/
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Gary,since you're such a fan of the win8 metro style here's something to put on your new Android Phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.lx.launcher8

That's really funny. Actually the Windows 8 UI is the only UI that is really different looking. But if your going Windows 8 then you have to go all the way and get a Windows phone.

The Nokia Lumia 1020 http://www.nokia.com/us-en/phones/phone/lumia1020/ has a 41MP camera and sells unlocked for about $200 US.

Most of the UK TV/Internet bundles here in the UK seem to force people into taking a landline.

Our mobile reception at home can be patchy (even though we are in a town) and I often use our landline in preference to my mobile.

I have considered ditching the landline, but there is a bit of a dilemma. People calling the landline don't always want to talk to an individual - just someone at home and expect them to be at home not somewhere else.

Ditching the landline means people have to make a specific choice about who they speak to and those moments where the phone rings before you're about to go out, so you chat for a short while then hand over the phone to someone else in the family as you leave, will be gone.

Have fun with the phone Gary. You seem to be buying quite a few phones!

Have fun with the phone Gary. You seem to be buying quite a few phones!
    Just two, though I did buy the Nokia about a year and a half ago years ago.

Our cell reception at home is dodgey as well, but the Samsung (and I am hoping the Nexus), has WiFi calling, so at the option of the Samsung, if a WiFi connection is detected, and specifically our WiFi connection, the phone uses that connection. I have made several calls from the house and the sound and connection is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Gary,since you're such a fan of the win8 metro style here's something to put on your new Android Phone.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.lx.launcher8
    That's a good link, haakoo.

I thought I would have a look to see what it's like.

So, if someone can make sense of the question being asked?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Launcher8 App.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	99329  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

He!He! As if these things weren't confusing enough at times!