Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Dolphin

The Dolphin is from poser 4. I opened it in Daz studio then exported it as a .obj file. then I imported the .obj file into Bryce 5 and added the water and sky and renderd this file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dolphinpost.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	5528  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Good work again. Is it hard t odo the water splash/spray? Was the spray done in Brye or poser? I think there needs to be a bit more of it - apart from that it looks cool reflections etc.

Turan

I love dolphins/porpoises, they seem to have a happy countenance. This pic has beautiful blues -- love the cobalt and ultramarine blues in the water shades and sky. Turan's suggestion of a bit more spray and/or reflections on the dolphin would give the impression of its being wet and the leap from the water being dramatic. I don't know if you'd prefer to do something like that or not, but if so there's adjustments that can be made in the materials' specularity, or a bit of simple postwork with Xara or PS can add some more spray and highlights very easily. Good work, Bruce!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks Turan and Maya.
    I agree , I need to work on the water spray some more. I did it in bryce but I need to find the right volume material and shape to make it look better. I will have to work on that part of it.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Nice render Bruce!!

I think there is a little tutorial in the Bryce forums at DAZ to help with that. It's not exact as it pertains to the clouds but with a little tweaking it could be made to be water spray I'm sure. Can't remember the link or the page that it's on but it is one of my inquiries so just do a search for RAMWolff in the Bryce General Discussion forrum. The Search button is at the top of the forums page next to the FAQ link. It's a good search engine!!

Have fun!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---