Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Change Nav Bar Colors

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Does this happen if you create a new site? I wonder if somehow the document got corrupted.
    Just cheked, still won't do it in a new site either.

I've also tried restarting the program and my computer multiple times, no change.

Can you create a simple document that has a few pages with nav bar and sub menus and then indicate on the page which colors you want to use for the drop down menus? Then we can see what is going wrong here.

And are you still using WD6?

simple.webClick image for larger version. 

Name:	navbar.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	98828
    Can you create a simple document that has a few pages with nav bar and sub menus and then indicate on the page which colors you want to use for the drop down menus? Then we can see what is going wrong here.

And are you still using WD6?
    Sure, is this what you want (attached)? I want to be able to change the background color of the nav bar, the text, and any of the drop down/sub menu colors.

Just now when I tried it, it sort of worked? I chose custom and it actually turned the background purple, but then the text was messed up? I tried changing it again to red - no change... I included a screen shot.

I am using WD7 premium.

OK I was able to change all the colors and create a drop down menu.

Ctrl click on the rectangle for your first button. You'll get a notice telling you to Un-check Adjust Button Widths. So double click on the Nav Bar and then un-check Adjust Button Widths.

Close the Nav Bar Properties.

Now, Ctrl click on the rectangle for the first button, and then edit or change the color. This change will automatically be applied to the other buttons. You can Ctrl click the text for the first button and change the color, font, etc. and this will be applied to the other buttons.

In the Page & Layer Gallery, click the S icon to isolate the MouseOver layer. Do the same Ctrl click to edit the colors and the text.

Give this a try and let us know if it works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK I was able to change all the colors and create a drop down menu.

Ctrl click on the rectangle for your first button. You'll get a notice telling you to Un-check Adjust Button Widths. So double click on the Nav Bar and then un-check Adjust Button Widths.

Close the Nav Bar Properties.

Now, Ctrl click on the rectangle for the first button, and then edit or change the color. This change will automatically be applied to the other buttons. You can Ctrl click the text for the first button and change the color, font, etc. and this will be applied to the other buttons.

In the Page & Layer Gallery, click the S icon to isolate the MouseOver layer. Do the same Ctrl click to edit the colors and the text.

Give this a try and let us know if it works for you.

Yes, that worked. Now how about the drop down menus and the button that shows which page you are currently on (blue in attached image). Is there a reason why it's not working through the Menu Style area?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dropdown.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	98833

The Menu Style options only apply to the sub menus. Maybe this is what is causing the confusion?

Your current page button is on the MouseDown layer and can be edited in the same way as describes. If there is no MouseDown layer, and there generally is not one by default, then the MouseOver button becomes the current page button as well. I prefer a MouseDown button because it helps differentiate the MouseOver from the current page button.