Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot export PDF files

I haven't used Xara in a while but tonight I did some adjustments on a jpg and tried to export it as a .pdf. For some reason I do not have the option under Export Files to export to a pdf. I know I have done this many times in the past. Is my Xara corrupted or something. Are my eyes playing ticks on me. Duh....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dialogbox.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	98683  
    Richard Burton
    I'd rather be sailing!

Default Re: Cannot export PDF files

I assume you are using Designer Pro? Or possibly Photo&Graphic Designer? ('Xara' is the company name) Your profile doesn't show which Xara software you have.

Generally the issue is fixed by reinstalling the software as (run as) Administrator then running for the first time as administrator.
    Sometime the PDF filter dll doesn't get registered correct (possible due to security software you have running at the time)

Try this and get back to us.

Yes, I recently installed Total Security by Bitdefender. It probably thought it was some threat and expunged it. I will reinstall Xara. I'm still using Designer Pro 6.
    Richard Burton
    I'd rather be sailing!

I trying to download a copy of my Designer Pro 6 and just can't seem to find the website link for the download. I submitted a ticket to support but have not heard from them. I seem to be able to find everything else, but DP6 seems to be missing from the download site for older software.
    Richard Burton
    I'd rather be sailing!

You won't get a response on the weekend.

Sign in to you account area and you'll find the download links for all if your licensed versions there.
    (After signing in, click the link 'For Xara Modules, the Xara Affiliate program and older Xara products, click here')

I just noticed I don't have an export PDF option in my X9. I guess this is a problem in X9 also.

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    I just noticed I don't have an export PDF option in my X9. I guess this is a problem in X9 also.
    No, it's not a problem in X9 ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pdf_export.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	98697
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by richinri View Post
    It's a problem encountered on your PC, not the software.
    This issues has been encountered before and only affects some systems.

See ► http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...064#post377064

It IS a problem sometimes in X9 and I was able to correct it by uninstalling and reinstalling AND running as Administrator. I export PDF so seldom I didn't even notice it was missing until I read this thread.

The problem is that the installer is being prevented from registering those .dlls on your system by something which is unique and unexpected with your PC setup therefore to get around it the installer and first run needs elevated permissions in order to fix it (Run as Admin..)