Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default sliding photo widgets

I need a widget maker to make a photo slide show with the “ken burn” effect and put it on my website. I see there is a widget pack available but it doesn’t seem to have that “ken burn” effect. I found the following which is exactly what I want http://www.yootheme.com/widgetkit/examples/slideshow can I use this and import it into my site?

Default Re: sliding photo widgets

Hi Juan

It depends on what kind of code or link is created. Some sites create the slide show on their website and you can link to it using a Placeholder (See Help > Index > Placeholder Objects). Or you might get some code which you need to add to your page also using a placeholder.

I have not used this product before so I can't give you a better answer.

Actually, I am not sure this product will work with Xara. But there is a Ken Burns effect in Visual Slideshow www.visualslideshow.com

I have checked the link and created a slideshow. Havent entered it into my website will let you know if it works.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Glad to help.

You have to create a placeholder the same size as your slideshow, then publish the slideshow to a folder. Open the index.html file in WordPad or any text editor and copy the portion of the HEAD section that is noted in the HTML file and paste it into the placeholder HEAD section. Do the same with the BODY section.

When you preview or publish your site, the two folders created DATA and ENGINE have to be in the root director, along with the index_html_files folder.