Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: mask

Xara X's transparencies can make anything look good. This one turned out pretty cool I think.

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mask2.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	6406  

Xara X's transparencies can make anything look good. This one turned out pretty cool I think.

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Risto - I like the colours; but, to be honest I find the image doesn't "speak" to me the way your other designs have. Most of your images have a special magic I find missing from this one.

I hope these comments don't bum you out!

I've sat and looked at this post for quite a while before posting it. I don't want to be discouraging. When I think about what you've been doing with Xara, story telling comes to mind. I liken most of your work to good editorial illustrations. Very good editorial illustrations.

I don't know if you want to try this game. I'll throw out an idea and you can illustrate it if you are so inclined. What comes to mind is a story my father (a minister) used to tell about a couple of frogs. They jumped into a bucket of cream and then found they couldn't jump out. After swimming round and round for a while, one frog gave up, sunk to the bottom and died. The other persevered and continued to have faith that somehow he would get out. Well, his swimming around churned the cream into butter and he was able to jump out.

I believe you could do a great design for that little story. Are you up to the challenge? I really hope so.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 17, 2001 at 07:47 PM.]

I really like the poster-like quality of the image, even if I don't see a mask, unless the image is masking something?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

... sometimes the semi-abstract ideas don't come across to well. I have to admit that I failed miserably with this one. I definately have to give this one a major work over. I can see about 53 things that needs to be changed... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ross - nothing people say is discouraging, or bum me out! I'm having such a great time with Xara and whatever I'm doing, I'm doing for own pleasure. It is great to get to constructive feed-back and you guys are the only ones I can get it from, so keep it coming! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The "editorial illustrations", is how I normally doodle on paper and is the most personal to me.

Ross, I love the story - it is very visual! I will try to do something with it! Frogs have fun shapes to them!

Gary - "poster like" is what I was trying to go for... simple shapes that can be blown up easily but I guess it doesn't matter how much you blow it up if the idea does not come across - eh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on April 18, 2001 at 07:23 PM.]