Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New site built by someone with only an idea.

I wanted a friend that is a web designer to build a site for me. We would sit down and talk about what I wanted, he would say "well it will take me a couple of weeks to get the basic first couple of pages done. Give me content. I would call and say I have the content. He would then put me off because he would have a personal problem and put me off for a couple of weeks. After 3 months, I searched for software and found Xara. He told me you need to know how to write code, this will never work. It took me a week to do this. IT WORKS. I have a lot more I want to do. Like adding a forum, getting graphics to rotate like I have seen other have done. But I am up and running, and it only took a few swear words, nothing serious. www.realseniors.org

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: New site built by someone with only an idea.

Hi Realsenior, Welcome to Talkgraphics

You have done a very nice job. Getting graphics to rotate as in animation? if so you can get lots of help in our Xara animation area here And help to set up forums and other web related stuff can be found in our Xara web design forum here There are usually lots of experienced users here at TG who will be glad to help
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

AARP sounds like something you might utter when trying to suppress a large burp.

Nice comprehensive site. Looks like your friend, the "web designer", wasn't so knowledgeable after all
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I think the friend might have decided it wasn't his kind of thing or there were better ways to spend his time.

You friend might not have wanted to see your political views spewed all over the internet.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Let's restrict our comments and critiques to the site's design. The site's political views and content are not what this thread is for.

Any tips you may have for Realsenior to improve his site, or any little design errors you might catch are most welcome.
    Last edited by angelize; 18 September 2013 at 10:03 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.