Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: September 2013 Giveaway - The Dirty Dozen: 12 Grungy Seamless Tiling Textures

Worked fine for me. I even went off "Automatic Mode" and followed the written steps just to check.

Thanks, Gary!

Default Re: September 2013 Giveaway - The Dirty Dozen: 12 Grungy Seamless Tiling Textures

That's what I meant, I was just emphasizing the point about the "empty" target folder ... confused me years ago
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yeah. I think the first time I hooked up a disc folder I was left scratching my head as to why Xara wouldn't just list the folder contents without the ability to actually select individual files.

But this issue is the least of what leaves me scratching my head with XDP at times...

@ Mickie—

After a group consensus :) , hopefully you're all set now.

Let me know if there's further problems, because more Bouton textures are in the pipeline, and we don't want to have to call Mr. Roto-Rooter.

My Best,

Gary

OK — I think I figured it out. I tried, through the fills gallery, to download the new fills to Xara. It couldn't find them. So I write to you for advice and you tell me to do exactly what I thought I had done. I went back and tried it again, exactly as I had before (at least I thought so) and it worked fine. Not being exactly new to Xara I have to assume the key to all of this was asking for your advice. So thanks mister Gary "voodoo" man.

Mickie

There's a wide difference between voodoo and an "educated guess", Mickie.

You can't straight download 3rd party textures through the Fill Gallery, nor other 3rd part and local content.

You always need to have the files on your hard drive—because Xara content is on its own internet server—and then use "Disc Fills" to populate a new folder.

I'll show you some actual "voodoo" ("White Magic", actually), when it's needed in the future.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magician.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	100168

My Best,

Gary

Thank you for those Gare. I downloaded them the other day and put them in my textures folder and also link to them in my fills gallery.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Cool, Larry! I predict that the Giveaway for Jan 2014 will also be some more textures.

Hey.

They're free!

—Gare

Sorry if the "voodoo" term offends. I do find it interesting when you try to do something you've done before, and it doesn't work, ask for advice, do the same thing again and it works. Obviously, I missed something on my earlier try, but for the life of me I couldn't say what.

Love the fills. Thanks

Mickie

The phrase "voodoo" doesn't offend me at all, Mickie. It might to others in the forum, but I'll leave them to that.

I was just riffing on the idea that there might be something supernatural about the program, or me in general.

I am available, by the way, to perform parlor tricks at birthday parties, though.

One thing I think I've always shied away from is the use of the term "trick". Similarly, "The Mysteries of Program X", "secrets", anything that might suggest that knowledge of a program is reserved for a select few.

I've worked hard for over 20 years writing books that ell the reader that there are no secrets, just truths you haven't figured out yet. I've seen people sell books of "secrets" and feel they're cheating the audience who could have figured out the "secret" themselve if they'd stopped and reflected for a moment.

I'm sure you missed a step or were in the wrong folder.

And Mickie, please don't use the phrase "for the life of me".

Because I'll bet you don't mean it!

-g