Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Designer Pro 9-presentations

Hi,
    I created a presentation (for learning nothing substantial) but I was wondering if it can be exported as powr Point presentation? I searched help found nothing, and tried all the file Save..and Save as.. etc but didn't see powrpoint listed.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 9-presentations

Hi Jim, so you get your presentation into PP, then what? You need a PP Viewer or PP itself to show it to people.
    All well and good if you are presenting it yourself.
    What do I do if I find it on the 'net? Download a PP Viewer.
    Surely it is much better to have a browser render your presentation?

The editing processes are slightly different:
    Microsoft PowerPoint- Edit - Present.
    Xara Product - Edit - Export/Publish - View.

Short answer - Xara does not export to this proprietary format.

Acorn

Hi Acorn,
    Well my video editing program can import Power Point presentations...so I was going to create one as a test and see what happens with it in my Video editor.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi Scotty,

Maybe use something like OpenOffice to import the Xara stuff & export as Power Point for your video editing program?

HTH, Colin

Jim, would you lose anything if you used a Xara program to master your slides and then just copy & paste the graphics into PowerPoint?
    You would gain from more transitions within PP and so would be using the strengths of both programs.

Acorn

Hi,
    Well I am familiar with Xara Designer Pro as such. I Create 'templates' for my video editor at 1920X1080 and now the 4K dimension and bring them in as Png files and animations in Avi extension, but the new Video editor can import PP presentations so thought I could try some Presentation stuff and import. This way I could figure out the drawbacks and advantages.
    It was just a thought after I realized the Video editor can import power point (5) stuff.
    As for OpenOffice seems like to much of a learning curve...for Power Point...when I already know Xara.
    Thanks for the feedback tho' I would have thought Xara would have an export for Power Point since it created presentations.

Jim

Jim, the trick for Xara presentations are that they are much more lightweight that PP ones and are easy to place on the web.
    PP has it place but very few people utilise it fully as its power (pun) is in it being part of the MS stable with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to allow lots of customisation (coding). Xara presentations are for designers not coders.

There are several CSS-only presentation packages out there: for fun, look at http://bartaz.github.io/impress.js/ and you may get sucked into Hovercraft!

Acorn

Xara Designers' Presentation documents are design to be an in internet/intranet-centric alternative to the clumsy PP format which requires a special viewer to view. Xara Presentations run in any web browser. There would be little if any benefit in converting to video as Presentation docs are interactive..
    It would like wanting Xara Page & Layout Designer to export to Publisher format.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

One thing I have done is to create my Xara presentation and run it in full screen preview and use a screen recording program (I use FastStone Capture for this) to record both audio and my presentation as I use the keyboard cursor keys to move through the presentation. You can then bring your video into your video editor if you wish. I use this method to create introductions to a lot of my tutorial videos. You can see some examples on my youtube channel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.