Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Aack! PDF Filter error!! - there appears to be a glitch in the matrix..

"PDF Filter

PDFNET Error: line 0. The given matrix is not invertible." (Xara won't even let me screen capture it to show you)

Anyone ever have this one? Know how to fix it?

Nothing special, a 5 page (mostly images) document, I've tried exporting in a variety of pdf flavours, and this error keeps popping up. Resulting file = 0kb. Seems to lock up Xara pretty good too. I've restarted it a number of times with no luck.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!

Default Re: Aack! PDF Filter error!! - there appears to be a glitch in the matrix..

Quote Originally Posted by edm3 View Post
    (Xara won't even let me screen capture it to show you)
    Press the PrintScreen button on your keyboard and then paste into Windows Paint if you have to.
    No need to use Designer Pro's screen capture.

PDFNET Error: line 0.
    See
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...983#post429983

Might help.

Default Re: Aack! PDF Filter error!! - there appears to be a glitch in the matrix..

Thanks Sledger.

I thought I was going to be able to fix it by eliminating all live effects - I was able to export (pdf) 4 of 5 pages. The troublesome page had to be sent to AI and exported from there. Boy, I'm sure glad that I have that capability, as I'd be rather hooped without it.

I did discover a bit of a bug in this process, however. I had made frames around all images. The frames were bevelled, and dropshadowed. After the export issues, I went through and eliminated these live effects. On the pages that did export, I found that a few of these 'frames' fill looked like a poorly tracked video image (dashed random coloured lines rather than the flat grey intended).

So I checked these 'frames' back in Xara, and found that the bevel group was still associated with the geometry. Even though when I entered the bevel dialogue while the frame was selected, the bevel dialogue showed that there was none associated. THIS IS THE BUG. I was able to eliminate the association by applying a new bevel and then switching it back to None.

Perhaps others might find this helpful. And I hope Xara reads this and fixes it.

Thanks!

Post your file for more help with this.
    Remember, not EVERYTHING can be exported to a PDF container.
    Preparation is the key.

Anything that one can design should, at least by itself or in moderation, be exportable to PDF.

I agree that preparation is key in setting up a file of any complexity, but I also think that, to learn how to properly prepare a file, the software might have affordances that point out where an issue might lie. The error code (above) does little to nothing to educate.

I get a little frustrated when software has a specific way of doing things-forcing users to be desciples(sp?) of the programmers thinking. This is where my hackles go up when hearing vague statements like'not everything'and'preparation is key' - no offense Sledger:-) - just make me feel that it's an inside joke on non-obsessed users.

That's my thinking. And leveraging (apologies, to myself, for using that term) what mwenz said - it would be at least nice to know what things are not exportable, as I don't believe if deviated from any warnings in the manual/help file.

OK, I'm starting to feel like a whiner so I'll shut it .