Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Site will not export

OK,..I'm having a nervous breakdown here. The site that I just spent about 3 weeks creating will not export without an error that occurs at about 25% of the converting document phase.
    This seems crazy. Is there a way I can do this manually so that I can at least get this site exported out to a folder and bypass this error???

There are 139 pages,..but I'm willing to export out a page at a time or do whatever it takes as my job is on the line with this site.

td

Default Re: Site will not export

Publish the site to a folder then use something like Filezilla to move the files from the folder to your web host.

You use File > Export website...

Possibly you may need to use Utilities > Optimise all images..., making sure you have master copies elsewhere.

Acorn

Acorn,....This is where the problem occurs,,,,during file>export website at 25% I get the following error:
    "Access Violation Exception - 0x044800C5"

Gary,...I will give it a try.....but if I can't export the site out,..will the Filezilla method still be able to do it?What files do I send through Filezilla?
    Everything that I've saved in the folder?

I CAN save the file,..just not export.
    Last edited by TDolce; 11 September 2013 at 05:45 PM.

Filezilla will work export all the website to a folder - select everything in the folder where its all saved and drag and drop it all to the folder on the server where the folder of your website is. Then get xara support to check your file or wait for a reply from admin here to see why the file does not export/ Ul they can tell you what the code error is.

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    Filezilla will work export all the website to a folder - select everything in the folder where its all saved and drag and drop it all to the folder on the server where the folder of your website is. Then get xara support to check your file or wait for a reply from admin here to see why the file does not export/ Ul they can tell you what the code error is.

Scruffy
    OK,..I'll try that. Now I just have to find out what the ftp address is of the server that my site is going to. The export site error code is Access Violation Exception 0x044800C5....the publish site error code is an Access Violation Exception 0x033100C5,

What a wonderful day I'm having. I cannot believe that this is happening.

Thanks Scruff for the added info.

td

td, copy your saved file.
    Open that and delete the second half of your pages.
    Don't save it.
    Try and Export > website...
    If it exports, close the file, without saving, re-open and delete the first half.
    Don't save it.
    Keep on dividing and conquering until you can isolate a faulty page.

If it errors regardless, then you either have a bad file or Xara installation.

Try exporting an earlier backup, again without saving at any point.
    If this still faults, create a new file and add some elements or use a template and export that.
    Keep cloning pages but tweak the larger graphics to force a large payload.

Open your copy file with an earlier Xara product if you have one and check again.

Finally, re-install your current Xara application.

What is the file size of the current Xara file?
    What RAM capacity do you have installed?

If you do all the above then Xara Support may be able to recover your Xara file if that is corrupt.

Acorn

The web file is saved at 25MB
    The website file total size is 552MB.(un-exported) based on the doc info utility in Xara

2GB Ram installed

I suggest you split your site into several .web files.
    Only 2Gb system memory (RAM) is likely a large contributing factor to your problems.

To see your machine crash out, close everything other than Xara and open the Task Manager.
    Then when you export you will see Xara memory usage grow and grow until it pops.

If you compress your images, you may not have to split your site.
    My divide and conquer approach, with the Task Manager, will let you see how much you may need to split your site.

Acorn