Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Naughty Nodes - The line/shape did not have enough memory...

Trying to reduce node count after bitmap trace.
    The line/shape did not have enough memory to insert a new item.

32GB RAM
    what's the best way to reduce node count in Xara9?
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: Naughty Nodes - The line/shape did not have enough memory...

I've come across this in v9 and reported it.
    You can run the same operation in v8 which produces even more lines but does not run out of memory (32bit and 64bit result in the same error).
    I believe it's a bug and we'll have to wait for the next patch (?) to have it fixed.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I too have come across this and I've found it doesn't seem to affect being able to insert your vector group into the document. As Steve says hopefully there will be a patch that contains a fix for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

i know this is old, but i just re-installed p&gd9 on a windoze 10 laptop and this error is coming up constantly
    seemed to be fine on windows7 laptop, i tried compatibility mode to no avail

it does not allow me to simply click 'insert', when i do that i get a serious error and then an option to send a report:
    "Access violation exception at 0x0050EAA1"

i wonder if it is not something in windows that is monkeying with the program (i have set tune-ups to no avail)

any help is appreciated

Did you try Run as Administrator? Close the app then right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. You only need do this once and it will either work or it won't.

And does this happen in a new document? Sometimes a file gets corrupted. It is always a good place to start to see if this happens when you create a new document.

A few things to try.

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereman View Post
    i know this is old, but i just re-installed p&gd9 on a windoze 10 laptop and this error is coming up constantly
    seemed to be fine on windows7 laptop, i tried compatibility mode to no avail

it does not allow me to simply click 'insert', when i do that i get a serious error and then an option to send a report:
    "Access violation exception at 0x0050EAA1"

i wonder if it is not something in windows that is monkeying with the program (i have set tune-ups to no avail)

any help is appreciated
    Your Post is not clear that the error is the same "The line/shape did not have enough memory to insert a new item."
    "Access violation exception at ..." is a completely different issue. If it is this, please raise a new Thread.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Your Post is not clear that the error is the same "The line/shape did not have enough memory to insert a new item."
    "Access violation exception at ..." is a completely different issue. If it is this, please raise a new Thread.

Acorn
    yes, same issue
    i was just adding what happens after i get the line submission error as per the original post
    when i click insert i get the 'serious issue' error

gwpriester, yes i have tried run as admin to no avail
    and many different images have been tried with the same error messages, and then it just shuts itself down

my old xara x5 also worked like a champ in windows 7 for tracing bitmaps (on a much older laptop than my new windows 10 one)

i'm not a fan of this new windows at all

thanks for the suggestions

i re-installed my old x5 and the tracing worked fine in windoze10

one test ended up at ~140 000 nodes, and it handled it without issue (in p&gd9 it would fail at about 25 000 nodes)

maybe it is a xara issue, but i still don't like this new windoze
    i'm hoping someone somewhere will make a decent vector program for linux (inkscape is just ok to play with, but not for daily use)

Quote Originally Posted by somewhereman View Post
    i re-installed my old x5 and the tracing worked fine in windoze10
    one test ended up at ~140 000 nodes, and it handled it without issue (in p&gd9 it would fail at about 25 000 nodes)
    maybe it is a xara issue, but i still don't like this new windoze
    i'm hoping someone somewhere will make a decent vector program for linux (inkscape is just ok to play with, but not for daily use)
    I created a twisty shape, made a Bitmap Copy & performed a Bitmap Trace and reached 250,000 nodes.
    I'm using XPro+v21.6 though.

Either your v9 is corrupted or you have an area of sticky RAM that v9 uses but is missed by x5.
    I assume you have run repair with CHKDSK /F?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Either your v9 is corrupted or you have an area of sticky RAM that v9 uses but is missed by x5.
    I assume you have run repair with CHKDSK /F?

Acorn
    yes to chkdsk, no difference (same error messages when tracing)

it is the same v9 i have been using for years, so it may be that v9 is high-centered in the sticky ram without a winch

i don't mind using x5 for tracing, and then bringing it into v9