Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Lost my web properties tab

Hi Folks
    Can anyone help me please, from the very early Webstyle program I have always upgraded to what is now the latest version Xara Designer Pro X9. I love the program. Today I have been asked to update a site put together around 2011, when I double click the xar file it opens up and appears to be all there. I can add to it and edit the menu buttons etc.
    Problem came about when i went to change the web properties of a layer. I put my cursor over it and it popped up with the Widget - Edit box. I clicked edit and the computer gave a ding and nothing happened. I right moused the layer and clicked edit widget, ding. As it was a place holder box I tried to open the windows properties box to edit the HTML Placeholder section - it was not there.
    I opened a different and newer site and went to utilities tab and on the 5th line down was web properties - shift control w. I then opened the older site and went to the utilities tab it said web link.
    What have I done? It seems to have changed the xar file to a page or document but not a webpage.

Can anyone help me with information on how to get it back to a web page document?

Many thanks

Mike

Default Re: Lost my web properties tab

Bummer.

I think this will help. Select an object and attempt to apply a Hyperlink but clicking the chain link icon on the Infobar. A menu will pop up telling you that this is not a web document and do you want to convert to a web document? Click Convert to Web Document.

Or you can go to Page Options > General and select Web Document from the Document Style drop down.

Thanks Gary - Solved

Your idea of 'Page Options > General and select Web Document from the Document Style drop down. ' solved it.

It was set as a print document - how - I dont know - however fixed now .

Thanks again

Mike

My pleasure, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mickymac View Post
    It was set as a print document - how - I dont know - however fixed now .
    Looks like the document was created in an earlier version of Xara Designer where there was no distinction between Web doc/Print Doc/Presentation etc. You remember... those days when Xara was a simple, elegant, powerful drawing application.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.