Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Vectorizing or Rasterizing or Something?

Hi Albacore, I downloaded the app ok. But it's asking me to "type the serial number exactly as it appears on your receipt page" ... I can't find any serial number included in the download (and it was a free download) ???
    IP

The serial numbers are on the downloads page.
    IP

I have downloaded CS2 and it seems to be working fine. (thanks again for that link Albacore) The problem I have now is I am unable to convert the image into those little (blue) lines and anchor points that I mentioned in the 1st post… I go to > object > live trace > make….. The only blue line that shows up is a rectangular one that just surrounds the outer edge of the image. I have, of course, tried clicking with the direct selection tool on small areas of the drawing to see if I can manipulate them, but nothing doing. I also tried object > rasterize. but I can't see any change with that. Any thoughts
    IP

You need to Expand the trace and ungroup it if it is grouped. Select and delete any extraneous bits you don't want.
    IP

I always think when I am trying a new tool to look at how someone else used it through a tutorial. It is hard to recommend a specific one without knowing what you are tracing so here is a general one and I hope this helps: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010...tch-to-vector/

Another thing I would recommend if it not a photo spend a few minutes in your fav. bitmap editor and clean up your drawing. If it is a line drawing have a look at the Threshold you might want to increase the blacks to get a cleaner line when tracing. Hope this helps with your tracing.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP