Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FTP / password publishing problems

Sorry if my query just shows how little I know!

I have used Xara web designer without a problem for many months. But I am having trouble now, uploading my website, ever since I had to redo the web properties after a problem with my laptop when i temporarily lost all my files.

Now:
    1. To begin with I kept getting a message that I had the wrong password. i tried resetting the password at the provider (names.co.uk). But this has not helped.
    2. Then, for the last few days, whenever I try to publish, all I get is the message "FTP session terminated".

Can you help?

Default Re: FTP / password publishing problems

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Start fresh and make sure your ftp info is all correct, including your new password. And make sure if your ISP requires you to publish in a sub folder that this folder is designated in the FTP Publish Options.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurologist View Post
    Sorry if my query just shows how little I know!

I have used Xara web designer without a problem for many months. But I am having trouble now, uploading my website, ever since I had to redo the web properties after a problem with my laptop when i temporarily lost all my files.

Now:
    1. To begin with I kept getting a message that I had the wrong password. i tried resetting the password at the provider (names.co.uk). But this has not helped.
    2. Then, for the last few days, whenever I try to publish, all I get is the message "FTP session terminated".

Can you help?
    I have had this and the only way I can upload is to use Filezilla. I checked, double checked and triple checked all the details, changed passwords etc but to no avail! Only happens with one website.

Miko and Neurologist - I wonder if part of the problem of publishing from WD is a passive connection option? Or possibly caused by lack of support for SFTP which is more secure than WD's FTP?

XaReg can toggle support for Passive on and off which might be worth a try. You can download XaReg for free here http://xara-users.info/xr2help/xr2/click.php?id=1

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Miko and Neurologist - I wonder if part of the problem of publishing from WD is a passive connection option? Or possibly caused by lack of support for SFTP which is more secure than WD's FTP?

XaReg can toggle support for Passive on and off which might be worth a try. You can download XaReg for free here http://xara-users.info/xr2help/xr2/click.php?id=1
    Thank you!

I am not quite sure which bit of your advice did the job, because I tried 'em all. but I am now up and running again!

Thanks