Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default customize free downloaded vector

Hi all,

i am a beginner so apologize in advance for the simple question
    i downloaded this vector http://www.cgvector.com/vector-beaut...info-graphics/ which i like a lot and would like to customize the pie charts... is it possible? if not, any other suggestions please?

thanks in advance
    Martina
    IP

Default Re: customize free downloaded vector

Welcome to TalkGraphics Martina

The download link links to a tutorial so I think you can create your own chart from the tutorial and customize it as you need.
    IP

sorry i cannot find the tutorial
    IP

Strange. I followed the link and this time there is no download button. But, I still had the link in the first tab, so here is the link
    (link removed)

I suspect that it is an ad of some sort or they are trying to sell something. I followed the link. It is a download for a freeware program that is probably going to download bad stuff onto your computer.
    IP

Couldn't you draw that yourself in Xara? It doesn't look that difficult to me.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

I would firstly learn how to make a chart in Illustrator and there are may tutorials online giving you info on that. I am not going through Facebook and linking my friends to the site in order that I can download the template but basically it is a nested set of pie charts and I have done a few for my old work place but used InDesign for those. Have a look at this Dutch company tutorial here: http://www.duoh.com/varia/illustrator_charts/

The tutorial is for a simple pie chart which would be your centre pie chart containing the data. The outside pie are just symbols which are transformed and unlinked as a symbol then recoloured and the shaped values changed. Hope this helps you complete your task but you are asking a lot of yourself in the skills dept. Maybe try it in Excel first and copy and paste into Illy.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Couldn't you draw that yourself in Xara? It doesn't look that difficult to me.
    Frank - Wrong forum.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I would firstly learn how to make a chart in Illustrator and there are may tutorials online giving you info on that. I am not going through Facebook and linking my friends to the site in order that I can download the template but basically it is a nested set of pie charts and I have done a few for my old work place but used InDesign for those. Have a look at this Dutch company tutorial here: http://www.duoh.com/varia/illustrator_charts/

The tutorial is for a simple pie chart which would be your centre pie chart containing the data. The outside pie are just symbols which are transformed and unlinked as a symbol then recolored and the shaped values changed. Hope this helps you complete your task but you are asking a lot of yourself in the skills dept. Maybe try it in Excel first and copy and paste into Illy.

thanks Albacore! i kind of learned yesterday how to make a pie chart in order to recreate the satellite pie-charts (though to make the doughnut i had to add a circle shape of the color of the background in the centre ).

I also tried to make the pie chart in Excel but when i imported it it looked awful! it lost all the resolution.

what worries me more is the central pie... i think i wouldn't be able to recreate that for the time being ... maybe in 3 years but i will have a look at your tutorial and many thanks for sharing it!

In order to download all the info-graphics on that website you have to wait 2 minutes or so... then the sharing icons disappear and you will see the download button

cheers
    Martina
    IP