Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
I would firstly learn how to make a chart in Illustrator and there are may tutorials online giving you info on that. I am not going through Facebook and linking my friends to the site in order that I can download the template but basically it is a nested set of pie charts and I have done a few for my old work place but used InDesign for those. Have a look at this Dutch company tutorial here: http://www.duoh.com/varia/illustrator_charts/

The tutorial is for a simple pie chart which would be your centre pie chart containing the data. The outside pie are just symbols which are transformed and unlinked as a symbol then recolored and the shaped values changed. Hope this helps you complete your task but you are asking a lot of yourself in the skills dept. Maybe try it in Excel first and copy and paste into Illy.

thanks Albacore! i kind of learned yesterday how to make a pie chart in order to recreate the satellite pie-charts (though to make the doughnut i had to add a circle shape of the color of the background in the centre ).

I also tried to make the pie chart in Excel but when i imported it it looked awful! it lost all the resolution.

what worries me more is the central pie... i think i wouldn't be able to recreate that for the time being ... maybe in 3 years but i will have a look at your tutorial and many thanks for sharing it!

In order to download all the info-graphics on that website you have to wait 2 minutes or so... then the sharing icons disappear and you will see the download button

cheers
Martina