Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XWD9P Pasteboard Background...

Hi All... I'm confused at the moment. In MX8P to create a background I'd make shapes, group them together, save as a jpg to a folder and then hold the ctrl key and drag onto the pastboard for a new background. With XWD9P this does not appear to be working. When I look at the saved image, it will only appear to save as a png file and not a jpeg file. I wonder if this is the issue? Or is there some other way the pasteboard background is meant to be changed in the latest version??

thanks for your help.
    Autoevo

Default Re: XWD9P Pasteboard Background...

Unlock the pasteboard background layer. Draw an object on that layer (in the page area), right-click select 'Fill Browser width'. Then web preview.

You can see what the effect of that is and then fathom it out from there

Remember to re-lock the layer once finished and continue your design on the MouseOff layer.

Or, create a bitmap image for your background. A copy is placed in the Bitmap Gallery.

Then open the Bitmap Gallery, RIGHT click on the background image and select Set Pasteboard Background.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ctrl + dragging from the bitmap Gallery or an Explorer window should work in version 9, it does for me, but it works a bit differently. If your bitmap is wider than the page it will be set as a single photo in the center of the pasteboard background, if it is smaller than the page it will automatically tile. If you are creating an image that you want to set as a background that resizes to fit the browser window you would first make sure your image is wider than the page then export to bitmap it doesn't matter whether jpeg or png. Then Ctrl + drag it in from Explorer and drop it on the pasteboard. Right click on the pasteboard select pasteboard background > fill browser window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

The advantage of the (undocumented) feature I described in post#2 is that you may use just a small narrow graphic (strip) to create an auto stretching background image which tiles the full width horizontally only without needing any CSS or tweaks.

Here's a short vid to explain it better.

Create a horizontally stretching background strip to your website.

So, AutoEvo, any of these solutions work for you?

I don't know, how about AutoEvo, but this solutions worked excellent for me, they are simple and amazing so biggggggggg appreciation to all of you, guys! I love you!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm glad to hear you found the help you needed djax, thank you for sharing your feedback with us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Steve thanks for that video, it is great like that

Thanks Zsolt